Job should take about 10 weeks, working about 40 hours per week.
The Contract Technical Writer/Editor will split working between our Watertown, Mass. headquarters and working remote.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Work with technical writers to restructure the existing content in a very large Flare project, per design instructions. This is a real grunt job, but not for beginners. OCD may be a plus.
* Madcap Flare – advanced user (no exceptions)
* Ability to deliver high quality content on time and on schedule
* HTML – working knowledge
* Maniacal attention to detail
* Solid PC computer skills
* Written and verbal skills
* Cascading Style sheets (.css files) – working knowledge
* Perforce or similar source control software – working knowledge
* SnagIt – working knowledge
* Ability to troubleshoot formatting and build issues with Flare and Perforce
* Experience in technical writing and process documentation
* Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
* Exceptional time management skills
* Comfort with phone-based collaboration with remote team members
* Demonstrated ability to meet immovable deadlines
* Love of clarity and simplicity in writing
Interested, qualified, and available? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .