2 Contract Tech Writers, onsite – EFI, Foster City September 22, 2010Posted by synergistech in contract opp, interface design, peninsula, technical writer, user experience (UX).
add a comment
[reposted from a 9-20-2010 Yahoo newsgroup item]
We have a need at EFI, Inc. in Foster City, for 2 contract Technical Writers; one part-time and one full-time. FrameMaker 7.X, Acrobat Pro, required. The writers will working on User Guides, Installation Guides, Online Help, and need to have some experience with working with developers on the User Interface (UI). Must be onsite 100% of the time for they will work very close to the development team.
Email the publications manager.
IBM Information Developer – San Jose September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in south bay, staff opp, technical writer, user experience (UX).
add a comment
We’re seeking an information developer (technical writer) for a full time position at Silicon Valley Lab documenting Content Management products. This individual will work closely with software development teams to provide customers with a comprehensive set of user assistance; deliverables may include online help, information centers, users guides, UI embedded assistance, and more.
Candidates need expert level technical writing, communication, and audience-definition skills. A sound working knowledge of markup languages such as XML and SGML is required.
Candidates must have experience in researching, designing, evaluating, updating, and creating technical information; candidates must also be self-motivated, flexible, detail oriented, and effective working in teams.
Major Field of Study: Technical communications with a concentration in computer science
- Written technical communication
- Verbal communication
- Information design principles
- User task analysis
- Experience working with IBM Doc WorkBench
- User feedback methodologies
- Information authoring tools (IDWB, Epic, DITA)
- Tagging languages such as XML, SGML, HTML, DITA
- Database concepts or knowledge
- Project management
- Software programming knowledge
- Usability design
IBM has a total compensation package that is competitive in the IT industry. It is an attractive mix of compensation, benefits, and services which provide a robust rewards package to our employees. Our pay programs are designed to deliver exceptional rewards to exceptional performers. From base pay, stock options and awards, to variable or incentive pay plans, employees have the opportunity to reap significant rewards at IBM.
- At least 3 years experience in Technical Writer
- English: Fluent
Start working for the world, START@IBM. Join our team and work for one of the world’s most admired and innovative software makers. Our employees are the real secret behind our software success. We’re always on the lookout for people who want to work for the-biggest-software-company-you-didn’t-even-know-was-a-software-company.
Our teams support all our groups and customers in ways you probably haven’t even imagined. We depend on our world-class developers, consultants, engineers, support professionals and more to meet all our customers’ needs.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
JasperSoft Senior UI / Interaction Designer – San Francisco September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in san francisco, staff opp, user experience (UX).
add a comment
This position is responsible for defining task flows and designing all user interfaces for the JasperSoft Business Intelligence Suite. This includes consulting with representatives of the user community to gather/validate use case/story/task information, creation of process flow documentation, and providing direction to the implementation team during the development and test phases.
- Design Web 2.0 / AJAX user interactions for business users, incorporating all appropriate usability and human factors considerations and design standards
- Work with Product Management to understand business requirements
- Research features, analyze task flows, and write functional specifications to communicate to Product Managers and Developers how the product is intended to work
- Develop UI outlines, wire frames, and sample screens, as well as detailed user interaction specifications
- Develop production HTML and graphics where applicable
- Follow-through on design with developers to ensure adherence to the design
- Provide assistance to QA and Tech Pubs organizations to ensure product is properly QA’d and documented
Skills & Abilities:
- 6+ years experience designing web-based enterprise software
- 3+ years experience designing applications with Ajax and DHTML
- Experience developing web applications for multiple browsers
- Excellent understanding of Web UI design principles
- Excellent understanding of task analysis and process flow design techniques and tools
- Excellent understanding of human factors and usability
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with project team members
- Excellent planning/organizing and time management abilities; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with enterprise reporting and analytics a strong plus
- Bachelor’s or higher in Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, or related field.
- Minimum job experience is 6 years in software development industry
- Candidate must have extensive experience with graphic productions (e.g. Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, etc.), and flow diagramming (e.g., Visio)
- Able to work independently or in a team, with minimum supervision
- Organized and detail-oriented, with demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially for technical information
Facebook User Experience Researcher – Palo Alto September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in peninsula, staff opp, user experience (UX).
add a comment
Facebook is seeking an experienced User Experience Researcher to help drive customer experience research at Facebook and create our usability lab. This is a full-time position based in our main office in downtown Palo Alto.
- Plan and build out the Facebook Usability Lab
- Manage budgets and a busy usability testing schedule as well as prioritize the usability roadmap
- Define Facebook research strategies and methodologies
- Create a research and usability plan/process in partnership with product management, marketing and product engineering
- Plan, design and conduct high quality user experience research projects for the website, and related products (platform, advertising, etc)
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and designers to provide user insights
- Advocate for the user by building consensus with designers, engineers, and leadership
- At least 2 years of experience leading user experience research activities, including, contextual inquiry, RITE and standard usability testing, benchmark testing, heuristic evaluation, card sorting, focus groups and survey design
- Bachelor, Master or PhD in Anthropology, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or related area
- Experience with a variety of research methods and proven ability at articulating the value and ROI on research efforts
- Strong project management and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Able to use insights from user research to drive product strategy and innovation by facilitating cross-functional participation in analysis and brainstorming
IDEO Human Factors Specialist – Palo Alto September 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in peninsula, staff opp, user experience (UX).
add a comment
Our Palo Alto office is looking for a variety of people to fill Human Factors (HF) Specialist positions. The role involves working collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams and with our clients to create innovative products, services, spaces, interactions and experiences. Human Factors people play a key role in the IDEO process. HF people lead the team through the user research which uncovers the insights that guide design and innovation.
In addition to your resume, please send us examples of your work. Please do not send text only versions of your work. It is helpful to see how you communicate with design teams. For example, please send:
A description of a project in which you had the chance to develop your field-based discoveries to the point of design outcomes or actionable design principles
A response to the exercise below:
- Find an environment (such as a park, a school, a beach, a restaurant, store or mall, etc.) where you can spend a couple of hours observing children with adults.
- Document what you notice about the activities and interactions there (in photos or sketches for instance) and share with us your thoughts about how experiences there could be enhanced through design.
Additional Skills Required:
- Individuals who are naturally empathetic and passionate about people – We look for those who have a natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. They should be passionate about representing a human and humane perspective and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
- User research/field work skills – HF team members must be prepared to plan and lead user research to discover insights first hand. We are looking for people who can keep up a high degree of rigor throughout.
- Deep insights – They must have deep insights that help the team read between the lines and discover latent needs.
- Ability to lead synthesis – HF specialists must be able to lead the team and often the clients through analysis and synthesis processes, helping to distill the most important insights and linking them together in frameworks or principles for design.
- Ability to connect insights to design – The insights and information drawn from research must be translated into an inspirational and useful foundation for design.
- The ideal candidate will have three or more years of directly related experience.
While we are looking for all people to show experience with design research and HF methodologies, within this group we are also looking to maintain our diverse community.
- A variety of business experiences – Within the domain of Human Factors we are looking for people who have worked with software, health care, designing for children and teenagers, service design, industrial design, interaction design, brand strategy, communications design, and environmental design.
- Designers coming to research and researchers coming to design – We are open to people who have an academic background in design but who have moved through their experiences in to the world of research. And we are also open to researchers (sociologists, anthropologists, psychologists, etc.) who have made their way to the world of design.
- Qualitative but also open to quantitative research – While our approach is mainly qualitative, we are more closely linking with quantitative data all the time. We are intrigued by people who can bring these skills to the table as well but we look for people who are very experimental and open in their approach.
- Strategic perspective – In the variety of work that we do, many of our projects involve HF leads in strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Business degrees and experiences are intriguing in the mix.
http://www.ideo.com/culture/career/human-factors-specialist/ or email HR
Lithium Technologies User Experience Designer – Emeryville September 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in east bay, staff opp, user experience (UX).
add a comment
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious user experience whiz to lead the design of software that millions of people use every day. If you are interested in social software, believe passionately in user-centered design, and want to help create applications that will edify and delight people around the world, this position may be your dream job.
Working in an Agile environment, you will collaborate daily with product managers, developers, writers, and testers to develop workflows and designs that are both beautiful and functional. Our end-users are passionate about our product and are not afraid to provide feedback themselves, so experience coordinating usability reviews with real, live people is a definite plus.
- Experience with user-centered design of complex Web applications or sites that delight their users. Major bonus points for leadership work on high volume consumer sites. Double bonus points for social networking and online community sites.
- Expertise in the tools of the trade, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, but an ethos of “getting things done” in pen and ink before making everything pixel perfect.
- A background in usability testing and feedback management, and a willingness to iterate on designs until we get it right.
- An understanding of information architecture and how to manage large volumes of dynamic content.
- Bonus points for HTML/CSS abilities and an ability to write clean, elegant markup.
If you crave responsibility for a great Web UI that will stop others in their tracks, then Lithium Technologies is the place for you to explore your creative side. This is a singular opportunity to take on a highly visible position that will thrust your ideas and your work into the spotlight.
Microsoft Entertainment and Devices Technical Writer – Palo Alto September 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in information architect, interface design, peninsula, staff opp, technical writer, user experience (UX).
add a comment
Job Category: Software Development
Product: Mac Office
Job Code: 239161
Passionate about creating great user experiences and enjoy providing insight and clarity to the user interface (UI) design experience? The Macintosh Business Unit User Experience (MacBU UX) team is looking for an experienced technical writer to contribute to the success of our innovative team.
- Helping to define a cohesive user experience for Office for Mac products.
- Writing UI text content for those products.
- Working with product planning , software teams, and the UX team to define user experience.
- Working with user researchers, designers, Help writers, and program managers to review specifications and create an effective and easy-to-understand UI.
- Analyzing customer feedback to improve the next version of the UX.
- Assisting Help writers in the creation of quality Help content that meets user needs.
- Creating and contributing to the improvement of UX processes and guidelines.
- Three years experience planning and writing end-user UI text and Help
- Outstanding technical writing skills
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, organizational, project management, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining relationships with on-site and remote software teams
- Experience using corporate and industry style guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communications, Instructional Design, or related field (work-related experience may substitute for degree)
- Information design skills or instructional design skills
- Knowledge of XML and XML tools
- Mac software experience
- Productivity suite software experience
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Ability to collaborate with software development teams and manage the technical review cycle, including excellent user-advocacy and interviewing skills
Hi5 Networks User Experience Designer – San Francisco September 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in san francisco, staff opp, user experience (UX).
add a comment
hi5 is one of the world’s largest social networks. Our company is ranked as the #1 social network in 26 nations across Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia and Africa.
- 80+ million registered members
- 44+ million unique monthly visitors
- Currently available in over 23 languages
- One of the top 20 most-trafficked websites worldwide
- A founding adopter of OpenSocial
- Headquartered in San Francisco, California
Although our work is viewed and used every day by millions of people across the globe, the company is small (currently under 100 employees) and privately held. It’s a fun, bright, fast-paced and collaborative place to work.
Located in downtown San Francisco, hi5 is just steps from major public transit lines, including BART and Muni.
About the Position
As an experience designer at hi5, you will be responsible for supporting the consumer facing hi5.com in addition to the other initiatives hi5 Networks is in involved in.
- Help create the next generation experience for hi5.com for our multinational users
- Help continue to refine and grow our visual language
- Ensure brand consistency across all communication platforms
- Be the voice of the user during product development cycles
- Be a key contributor to the hi5 UED team
- Strong portfolio is a must; show us you know how to create an experience.
- Understand application design through and through.
- Have working examples of well-executed designs using usability principles.
- Understand and have working experience in interaction design.
- Have strong design communication skills. Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Think outside the box but understand constraints and how to work within them.
- Follow current design trends and understand what makes them both compelling and temporary.
- Have a deep understanding of the social web space.
- Be a team player and leave the ego at home.
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves if you need to create a quick prototype
- BS or BFA in design or related field is nice but not a must.
More about hi5 Networks:
Launched in late 2003, hi5 is one of the largest social networks in the world. We’re a founding adopter of OpenSocial, a community-driven specification for building social applications across the Web, and we’re also a founding member of the OpenSocial Foundation, a new non-profit being formed to ensure the longevity and neutrality of OpenSocial. Each day, millions of people use hi5 to stay connected and share information with friends and family around the world, meet new people, express their identity, and discover linkages.
hi5 offers an upbeat work atmosphere and the opportunity to influence the way people connect to the world. You will be working with an exceptional team and receive a competitive salary with benefits. A privately-held company, hi5 reached profitability within its first year, and raised $20 million from MDV- Mohr Davidow Ventures in July 2007.
Email Kevin Kanarek
CK-12 Science Leader and Editor – Palo Alto August 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, course developer, editor, medical writer, peninsula, staff opp, user experience (UX).
add a comment
Job ID: 582179
CK-12, a non-profit organization launched in 2006, aims to reduce the cost of textbook materials for the K-12 market both in the US and worldwide. Using an open-source, collaborative, and web-based compilation model that can be manifested as an adaptive textbook – termed the “FlexBook”, CK-12 intends to pioneer the generation and distribution of high quality educational web texts.
Project Management Product Management Domain Expertise – Science Author Management, relationship building, community building Entrepreneurial mindset
Reports to: Director of Content
- Have a desire to shape the future of education and wish to join an organization that will change the future of educational publishing
- Wish to develop and motivate a community of authors to create, collaborate, disseminate and publish online educational material and printed textbooks
- Believe in open user-generated content
- Provide content-based leadership for CK-12
- Oversee development of science instructional text-based materials at middle and high school level including life sciences and hard sciences
- Identify, develop or acquire high-quality, grade appropriate curriculum that serves as the kernel for global community use, reuse, innovation and scaling
- Recruit writers, negotiate and finalize contracts, and define scope and quality of work
- Establish pedagogical standards for the content where needed
- Develop a sample chapter for writers to model
- Review and manage the acceptance criteria for content
- Manage the flex book creation process and responsible for the creation of content that is able to be re-purposed into different levels, teaching needs, etc. (e.g. ESL)
- Coordinate communication among writers, domain experts and other vendors to produce timely completion of high quality materials
- Manage the development of images with writers, domain experts, and artwork vendors
- Coordinate all aspects of external review process and implementation of revision suggestions
- Review and edit content for factual accuracy, quality, readability, grade level suitability, pedagogy, currency and fit for state standards
- Actively support the recruitment of pilot sites for materials testing and secure user feedback to enhance materials
- Own the user experience. Work closely with K-12 school districts, teachers, and students to structure CK-12 content in ways that result in ongoing content authoring and enhanced learning
- Actively contribute to the open educational resource paradigm for science materials for K-12 settings
- Collaborative and contribute to the team. This position will work with other discipline Leaders in the content group
- Masters degree required, PhD preferred in the sciences
- Ability to innovate and pioneer new opportunities online
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, initiative and problem-resolution skills
- Experience in editorial and educational publishing
- Strong disciplinary training in the sciences
- Experience and success in project management and management of multiple projects at a time
- Entrepreneurial mindset and energized by start-up environment
- Experience in the development of curriculum materials in K-12 in compliance with state and national standards
- Experience in classroom teaching and training of teachers
23andMe UI Designer – Mountain View August 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in interface design, peninsula, staff opp, user experience (UX).
add a comment
Job Code: 013
23andMe is seeking an outstanding UI designer. Help us develop a website that entices, educates, and keeps people coming back. We seek experienced designers to develop the front end of our website, and tackle unique challenges in presenting highly scientific information to consumers. The designer will collaborate with developers, scientists, and writings to build the overall customer experience.
- Analyze, design, and specify the architecture for successful user experiences.
- Develop conceptual models, process flows, navigational maps, and strategies.
- Construct rapid prototypes, mockups, and interaction requirements specifications.
- Successful track record of web UI design experience.
- 2+ years of UI design experience for consumer-oriented websites.
- Excellent and demonstrable web UI design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science or related field is preferred.
add a comment
Job ID 7WEB08
This position will entail creating graphics and the interface for a J2EE web application, as well as, future interface development for mobile platforms.
- Responsible for design and creation of J2EE web application UI
- Implement UI for both mobile and PC browsers
- Work with other engineers to integrate with back-end interfaces
- Maintain website UI
- Any additional duties as assigned by manager
Required Skills and Education
- 1-2 years industry experience
- Solid graphics design experience
- Development of application icons, buttons, images, etc.
- Knowledge of mobile browser technologies
- Familiar with XML/XSL, as well as HTML/CSS
- Familiar with Ajax
- Experience with fast product releases or rapid prototyping environment
- Experience with designing interfaces for J2EE applications
Preferred Skills and Education
- Knowledge of and/or experience in PHP for CGI
- Programming skills in Perl and other scripting languages
- Basic knowledge of Linux/FreeBSD
Email HR and cite job ID “7WEB08″ in your Subject line
Netflix Senior Interactive Designer – Los Gatos July 31, 2008Posted by synergistech in interface design, south bay, staff opp, user experience (UX).
add a comment
This position is responsible for creating online design solutions that integrate brand guidelines, user experience best practices and business strategy. It requires strong visual and concept problem-solving skills used to generate exceptional design solutions that improve the site’s look and feel. This is an individual contributor role that demands expert skills in user interface design as well as a working knowledge of implementation technologies.
- Create visual concepts and solutions that support the Netflix website
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to conceive and improve the Netflix user experience
- Own significant design and production responsibilities of the site under the direction of the design manager
- Work with the design team to ensure the consistency and quality of the design system
- Art direct projects to refine, develop, and enforce interface design, branding and user experience guidelines
- Work with the design team to identify and implement process improvements that make the group more efficient and effective
- Contribute to the culture of communication, collaboration and inspiration
- Excellent visual design skills and an outstanding portfolio of interactive projects
- 5+ years experience in web design and a solid understanding of the relationship between content, visual design, user interface and technology
- Seasoned creative and conceptual problem-solving skills
- Exhibit stylistic breadth, consistency, attention to detail balanced with elegance, simplicity and innovation
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate your design and advocate best practice solutions
- Work collaboratively with other designers, product managers and engineers
- Be organized, work effectively under deadlines, and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to take direction to meet creative and business needs
- Strong understanding of implementation technologies, and how to design with limitations
- Expert abilities with the Adobe® Creative Suite, and eager to learn to learn new skills
- Consumer Internet experience
- Film/Video/Motion Graphics experience a plus
add a comment
The E-Learning Manager performs a crucial role for the Ophthalmic News and Education (O.N.E.) Network department by managing the technical production of timely e-learning content based on sound instructional design, the Academy’s Learning Management System, the O.N.E. web interface, and the metadata tagged repositories for images and text.
Additional responsibilities for this role include the scoping, functionality, and user interface design specifications of various Clinical Education products, enforcing product guidelines (scope and cost), suggesting new technologies and approaches, and managing the production of multimedia products.
This position manages the department’s Technical Producer and contractors. The position will also collaborate with the News and Information Manager, Content Manager, Acquisitions Editor, and E-Editor.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience with Instructional Design, Learning Management Systems, RFP development & management, and strong familiarity with web design, wire framing, scoping, product development, CMS, XML, relational databases, CSS, HTML, quality assurance and information architecture.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Skills: Project management [MS Project], PowerPoint, rapid e-learning tools [e.g., Articulate Presenter], user workflows, instructional design, HTML, basic XML, relational databases, Web page layout, image processing tools, and audio and video editing software.
- Manage the development and maintenance of courses, cases, and knowledge-on-demand items to be delivered via a Learning Management System and Content Management System.
- Manage the development and maintenance of digital asset repositories, and related tagging.
- Interface with the Informatics division regarding requirements for knowledge initiative infrastructure, quality assurance and e-commerce functionality.
- Oversee technical work by department employees and external sources. Project management, scheduling or other department assignments
- Manage Open Source software implementations, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Create and maintain pages in the Education Resource Center, including periodic review for quality control.
- Manage the production and maintenance of Web casts or streaming presentations.
- Manage production for the online and CD ROM products including coordination of resources, overseeing the IT project manager, and coordinating with staff and contractors. Lead the development or upgrade of interfaces and infrastructure
- 2+ years experience in the management of Learning Management Systems or deployment of equivalent software assemblies (template design, basic database administration skills)
- Strong experience with instructional design and story boarding
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance™ (CPLP) preferred
- 3+ years experience in the following Web production and web media skills:
- Experience managing production teams
- Ability to test/QA products to specifications
- Ability to write user interface (UI) specifications
- Ability to perform Web page design (HTML)
- Strong understanding of XML (DTDs and schema)
- Understanding media processing (Photoshop, Flash, Adobe Acrobat)
- Technical project management experience (using tools including MS Project)
- Product management experience (responsible for life-cycle of products, including: scoping, functionality, usability, design, specifications, and budget)
- Experience writing specification documents
- Experience with relational databases (basic operation and administration)
- Understanding of video production tools (Mac)
- Ability to manage Demo creation
- Software skills: MS Project, HTML, Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, Dreamweaver, Flash
PayPal Contract Senior Editor (3 Months) – San Jose July 5, 2008Posted by synergistech in contract opp, editor, marcom, south bay, user experience (UX).
add a comment
Edit website content and marketing collateral for consistency with the PayPal Content Style Guide; work with cross-functional teams, keep track of own schedules and deadlines, and help drive projects to completion; attend executive design reviews; manage legal reviews, ensuring that PayPal messaging is in legal compliance; become a subject-matter expert for assigned product areas; attend kickoff meetings and provide estimates on projects; provide new terminology and guidelines for the style guide; keep abreast of current user design principles and guidelines.
- 5+ years of copyediting experience for a major website
- basic understanding of web user interface and design issues
- comfortable with technology; familiarity with standard references
- excellent project-management skills
- positive attitude, tolerance for ambiguity and desire to drive toward results
- great troubleshooting and communication skills
- comfortable working in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- ability to work well across diverse teams and departments; ability to think globally and edit content for easy translation
- able to manage own work, balancing multiple projects requiring coordination across a number of teams
- good organizational skills
- ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- B.A./B.S. degree or higher.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience leading projects.
- Experience editing for SEO.
add a comment
The Online Content Manager is responsible for the maintenance, modification, and update of all content for Freedom from Hunger’s public website and associated program- or initiative-specific sites, which includes Reach. The Online Content Manager will work with colleagues throughout the organization to ensure that all web-based resources for staff are accurate, useful, and easily obtained.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure robust presence by Freedom from Hunger on its public website by regularly updating and refreshing all posted material
- Working with colleagues across the organization, propose new content that advances Freedom from Hunger’s commitment to a dynamic, informative site that serves a variety of audiences—individual donors, institutional funders, partners, peer organizations, and the general public
- Be vigilant to ensure http://www.freedomfromhunger.org is serving first as the organization’s chief communications tool to a casual site visitor or potential donor without sacrificing any richness of content for the practiced or item-specific visitor
- Review, edit, approve, and post content submitted by Davis- or country-level program staff
- Develop and implement systems and procedures for managing and updating all Web content that inform staff of the status of specific activities
- Define protocol for editing and translating Spanish, French, and English content
- Collaborate with key program staff on all electronic schedules and opportunities, integrating the objectives of communications efforts with that of the website
- Working with Web counsel when appropriate, identify metrics to measure and track visitor usage and page hits/visits
- Manage site feedback from all internal and external sources
Web Strategy Objectives
- Maximize visitor usability of the site
- Participate in organizational ambitions to add awareness-increasing tools at Freedom from Hunger along the lines of Freedom from Hunger Day ’06 and ’07
- Maintain knowledge of current technologies and content delivery systems and make recommendations for implementation, where appropriate
- Monitor usage trends and modify websites to increase visits and usage
- Seek and create new ways to improve and promote effective sharing among global staff, including program- and initiative-specific staff and partners
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Prior Experience
- Undergraduate degree in appropriate discipline or equivalent experience, preferred
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, quality, and strong organization skills
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders and demonstrate teamwork
- Ability to gather, synthesize, and present information in a professional, practical, and compelling manner
- Ability to translate technological language to lay audiences
- Experience with information communication technology, including online portals, intranets, collaborative workspaces, and/or other internet-based tools for marketing, communication, and information sharing
- Knowledge of Web design theory and marketing trends
- Basic knowledge of Web development
- Experience implementing Web-content changes
- Previous experience creating and/or maintaining Websites
- Fluency in English required
- Candidates who are fluent in French and/or Spanish will be given extra consideration because of the organization’s presence in francophone West Africa and Latin America
General Job Competencies regardless of department or position
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Passionate about the mission of Freedom from Hunger
- Smart about pursing and achieving cost-effective, efficient work
- Collaborative in finding solutions, achieving quality work, and delivering on time
- Integrity in dealing with colleagues and executing work in support of the mission
- Sensitive to and respectful of internal clients’ concerns and needs
- Effective organization, time management skills, and multi-tasking abilities
- Attentive to detail, producing consistent, high-quality, reliable work
- Capable of operating in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills