LUZ Freelance Linguist/Translators – San Francisco July 6, 2009Posted by synergistech in 100% offsite possible, contract opp, san francisco.
add a comment
Job ID: 0806/01
The Freelance Linguist is responsible for translating or editing primarily medical/pharmaceutical/biology-related documentation. Translators and editors must be native speakers of the target language.
We are currently recruiting Freelance Linguists, preferably for the following language pairs:
Linguists with other language pairs are encouraged to apply as well.
- Must be a proficient native speaker of the target language
- At least 3 years professional translation experience
- Advanced degree in sciences preferred
- Subject specialist in the life sciences required
- Experience with Translation Memory tools required
- Detail-oriented, conscientious, and technically savvy
Email HR (email@example.com) citing Job ID in subject line
LUZ Contract Linguistic Proofreaders – San Francisco July 6, 2009Posted by synergistech in contract opp, editor, san francisco.
add a comment
Job ID: 0606/01
The Linguistic Proofreader is responsible for linguistic and formatting reviews of translated documentation. In this role, the Linguistic Proofreader performs the final quality assurance review of translations to ensure the consistency/accuracy of formatting, consistency across languages, adherence to translation specifications, etc. Training will be provided as needed.
In addition, the Linguistic Proofreader may work in a variety of languages. Command of at least one language (other than English) is required.
This is a great opportunity for young linguists who are interested in an introduction to the translation/localization industry. This freelance position does not involve translation/editing.
This position is located at our San Francisco headquarters.
- Background in translation/localization and/or copy editing desired
- K nowledge of at least one foreign language required
- Experience in translation, editing, or proofreading
- Familiar with translation/localization requirements
- Detail-oriented and conscientious
- Fast learner
- Interested in continuous improvement/training
- Good interpersonal skills
Email HR (firstname.lastname@example.org) citing Job ID in subject line
CA Wily, Senior Tech Writer – South San Francisco June 30, 2009Posted by synergistech in peninsula, san francisco, staff opp, technical writer.
1 comment so far
This hiring manager is a friend and asked me to post this on her behalf. She must fill the post by mid-July or her req’s funding disappears.
CA, Inc. (NYSE: CA), one of the world’s leading independent, enterprise management software companies, unifies and simplifies complex information technology (IT) management across the enterprise for greater business results. With our Enterprise IT Management vision, solutions and expertise, we help customers effectively govern, manage and secure IT. Customers can evolve their IT operations from being reactive and focused only on technology to being flexible, adaptable and focused on serving the business. Today, CA, formerly known as Computer Associates, serves the majority of the Fortune® 1000 companies, as well as government organizations, educational institutions and thousands of other companies in diverse industries worldwide.
We are currently looking for a qualified Senior Technical Writer to join our Wily Technology (a division of CA) Information Development team at our office in South San Francisco, CA.
The qualified candidate will develop and maintain Installation, Configuration, Administration and how-to documentation. Depending on your experience, you may be involved in implementing online help, exploring alternative methods to provide our customers with the knowledge they need to meet their goals, or helping to re-architect our existing information. You will manage multiple projects simultaneously, learn the products hands-on, and work as an integral part of the product team.
- Must have 5+ years of technical writing experience
- Be proficient with FrameMaker and online help tools such as RoboHelp or WebWorks
- Useful to have AuthorIT experience
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills, flexibility, the ability to manage priorities, familiarity with traditional and agile software development life cycles, and the ability to interact with all levels within the development organization
- Should have a working knowledge of enterprise software, J2EE architecture, and best practices in usability and Information Development
B2B Marketing Communications Manager – San Francisco June 27, 2009Posted by synergistech in copywriter, manager, marcom, san francisco, staff opp.
add a comment
SOMA — San Francisco, CA
Founded in 2003 and has over 2,500 businesses using their Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) online customer communications and reputational marketing system. Company has achieved 14 quarters of over 80% year-over-year quarterly growth, is profitable, and is expected to triple in size within the next 18-24 months.
Reports to Senior Marketing Manager.
Looking for an outstanding individual to join their growing marketing team. The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of marketing communications for the company. Primary emphasis will be on developing and executing on lead generation email marketing campaigns, customer and prospect email life-cycle emails, and monthly newsletters. You will have ownership for the entire campaign lifecycle including concept, implementation, testing and reporting results.
Additional responsibilities include event planning, promotion, and management, as well as the development of collateral materials for campaigns and events. Secondary responsibilities will include participation in, or ownership of, various initiatives including public relations, website management, and leveraging social media platforms.
Candidates must be exceptionally strong writers and understand how to communicate with existing and potential clients across multiple verticals. In addition, the ability to manage events and work with vendors is a necessary prerequisite. The Marketing Communications Manager will also contribute to other lead generating activities and have the opportunity to help shape the company’s marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following qualities:
- 2 – 5 years of lead generation marketing or agency experience
- 1 – 3 years direct experience with managing large email marketing campaigns; basic knowledge of html
- Mastery of email performance, metrics, analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience driving/executing convention strategy
- BA/BS required; MBA a plus
June 26, 2009
Please contact John Stearns at email@example.com
If you register through notchup recruiters, you may be eligible for an interview stipend if the company wishes to interview you.
JasperSoft Senior UI / Interaction Designer – San Francisco September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in san francisco, staff opp, user experience (UX).
add a comment
This position is responsible for defining task flows and designing all user interfaces for the JasperSoft Business Intelligence Suite. This includes consulting with representatives of the user community to gather/validate use case/story/task information, creation of process flow documentation, and providing direction to the implementation team during the development and test phases.
- Design Web 2.0 / AJAX user interactions for business users, incorporating all appropriate usability and human factors considerations and design standards
- Work with Product Management to understand business requirements
- Research features, analyze task flows, and write functional specifications to communicate to Product Managers and Developers how the product is intended to work
- Develop UI outlines, wire frames, and sample screens, as well as detailed user interaction specifications
- Develop production HTML and graphics where applicable
- Follow-through on design with developers to ensure adherence to the design
- Provide assistance to QA and Tech Pubs organizations to ensure product is properly QA’d and documented
Skills & Abilities:
- 6+ years experience designing web-based enterprise software
- 3+ years experience designing applications with Ajax and DHTML
- Experience developing web applications for multiple browsers
- Excellent understanding of Web UI design principles
- Excellent understanding of task analysis and process flow design techniques and tools
- Excellent understanding of human factors and usability
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with project team members
- Excellent planning/organizing and time management abilities; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with enterprise reporting and analytics a strong plus
- Bachelor’s or higher in Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, or related field.
- Minimum job experience is 6 years in software development industry
- Candidate must have extensive experience with graphic productions (e.g. Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, etc.), and flow diagramming (e.g., Visio)
- Able to work independently or in a team, with minimum supervision
- Organized and detail-oriented, with demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially for technical information
JasperSoft Staff Mid/Senior Tech Writer – San Francisco September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in san francisco, staff opp, technical writer.
add a comment
The right candidate for this position is inquisitive, confident, and tenacious. Your success will derive largely from your willingness to use the products yourself and learn from your experience. Seniority is less important than motivation and ability to learn quickly, so this job might be suitable for an intermediate Technical Writer with a track record of accomplishment in a fast-paced, ambitious startup. Our products are under rapid development, and our technology and industry change quickly. We are looking for candidates who show they can adapt and learn new technologies and techniques quickly and grow as our company grows.
- Plan, create, and edit user-friendly conceptual, procedural, and developer-reference documentation for web-based applications running under Linux and Windows.
- Collaborate with local SMEs in development and professional services, as well as resources in Australia, Ukraine, and Romania, read marketing and design specifications, and use the products yourself.
- Use MS Word and FrameMaker to create content, which will include online documentation, online help, and JavaDoc. (FrameMaker is being implemented presently.)
- Contribute to creation of product demos and requirements documents.
- Work without managerial or editorial assistance to gather and test content and deliver on deadline.
- At least three (3), and preferably five (5) or more years’ software industry documentation experience creating content for a variety of user types (especially operators, system administrators, and developers).
- Familiarity with industry-standard tools, such as FrameMaker, Microsoft Office, and Paint Shop Pro.
- Conceptual familiarity with complex enterprise applications and relational databases, and awareness of open-source documentation norms.
- Experience with Open Source technologies (nice to have)
- Experience with Reporting Tools (nice to have)
- Experience with ETL tools (nice to have)
- Knowledge of OLAP technologies (e.g. MDX) (nice to have)
- Working knowledge of relational databases (nice to have)
- Experience documenting business intelligence (BI) applications, reporting applications, and Java-based application servers, such as WebLogic, WebSphere, or Tomcat (nice to have)
- Familiarity with FrameMaker’s conditional tagging and with single sourcing (nice to have)
- Education: B.A. or an equivalent technical writing experience
- Full time, employee
SEGA Contract Web Editor – San Francisco September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, editor, manager, marcom, san francisco, staff opp.
add a comment
The Web Editor will primarily focus on the management of web projects. They will also be responsible for maintaining relationships with Marketing, Web Team, and Sega Europe.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Management
- Scheduling and Reporting
- Industry Knowledge
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates expertise in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent knowledge of handling and routing PhotoShop files.
- Understanding of HTML and other internet related technologies.
- Excellent and consistent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert project management skills.
- Excellent judgment and problem solving skills.
- Excellent understanding or interest of broader entertainment industry, games, music, and movies.
- Manages and executes multiple projects successfully and simultaneously
- Presents ideas clearly to internal and external customers effectively.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Exhibits leadership on projects.
Previous Experience and Education
- 3-5 years web production or project management experience
- 1-3 years of experience working with content management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in management, marketing, or related subject
Trulia Contract Marketing Writer – San Francisco September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in contract opp, copywriter, marcom, san francisco.
add a comment
We are seeking consumer blog columnists/writers to blog about all things real estate and home related on our soon-to-launch new Trulia Voices Blog Platform. As a contributor to Trulia, you’ll build and maintain your own blog featuring your thoughts, opinions and expertise on a variety of real estate related topics that can include:
- Going Green – tips to make your home greener
- Neighborhood focus – the ins and outs of neighborhoods throughout your city
- Tracking celebrity homes
- House hunting tips & tricks
- Buying a home: charting your personal house hunt
- Selling a home: chronicle of your home sale
- Tips to increase the value of your home
- Design & Decor
- Home Improvement tips and stories
- Pictures and videos of neighborhoods, communities, parks, and businesses
- Anything else that you find interesting about real estate, from a consumer’s point of view!
You will manage your own blog, profile, and the discussions that result from your blog posts. You can work online on your own schedule.
This is a paid-for-performance opportunity.
Email HR including:
- One paragraph on the topic you would like to write about on Trulia.com
- Submit 2 writing samples on a real estate related topic
- Your current blog (if you have one)
Splunk Director of Marketing Communications – San Francisco September 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, manager, marcom, san francisco, staff opp.
add a comment
The Director of Marketing Communications must understand the Splunk brand and ensure that we build on it and evolve it over time. This person must:
- Manage relationships with a broadening set of press and industry analysts both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Work with the agency, product marketing and product management, and Splunk execs to plan a PR calendar as part of an overall communications plan.
- Manage our U.S.-based PR agency and agencies we hire internationally
- Understand the “voice of Splunk” (how we communicate), and work across the organization to ensure that we consistently build and communicate our brand
- Develop collateral that effectively communicates to our typical users (such as systems administrators), up through senior IT executives over time.
- Assist in the creation of marketing lead generation programs that drive software downloads and the generation of quality leads for our salesforce
- Creativity and openness to “guerilla marketing” and irreverent/non-traditional marketing programs will help make this job fun.
- 8+ years experience in marketing communications in enterprise software, with a strong focus on PR and analyst relations
- Proven track record in creating, driving and executing marketing communications programs
- Ideal candidate will have agency as well as client-side experience
- Experience in all aspects of branding, collateral creation, and marcom design
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with quantitatively measuring results where relevant
- Must have excellent people skills–working effectively with press, analysts, customers, and at all levels across the Splunk organization
Splunk Senior Documentation Writer – San Francisco September 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in san francisco, staff opp, technical writer.
add a comment
Splunk’s online documentation is a vital part of the customer experience. Clear, concise documentation is critical to the successful adoption and use of our freely downloadable product. We’re looking for a brilliant, experienced senior technical writer to join us. You’ll work as part of the product management team, in close partnership with engineering and technical support, to create and maintain our online user documentation and in-product user assistance. You must thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Our documentation is edited live on a wiki and continually updated with new issues and features. You’ll need to collaborate with customer support, engineering and sales engineering as well as they are all encouraged to contribute to the documentation.
- 5+ years of experience writing and editing online documentation for technical audiences.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field.
- Domain experience with developers, senior systems administrators, and IT products and services.
- Strong technical acumen.
- Sense of humor (not optional )
- Solid knowledge of Unix/Linux fundamentals, regular expressions, SQL, and at least some basic familiarity with C/C++, and Python.
Once you’re on board, you’ll have the following baseline tasks on your plate:
- Become an expert Splunk user.
- Identify areas of the current documentation set that need improvement and extension.
- Work with developers to update and extend existing areas of the documentation set.
- Propose structural and organizational improvements to the documentation set.
- Prioritize tasks effectively.
- Mentor less experienced writers.
- Identify and advocate for different types of users.
Linden Lab Web Editor – San Francisco September 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, editor, marcom, san francisco, staff opp.
add a comment
Linden Lab is seeking an experienced and dedicated Web site editor to join our team. The ideal candidate for this position should be a strong writer or blogger who is comfortable with Web publishing tools and technologies. We’re looking for someone to help support our editorial and marketing teams with content development for various Web sites related to the popular 3D virtual world Second Life. Previous experience with Second Life is a plus.
- Creates and edits text and image content for Secondlife.com and Secondlifegrid.net
- Reviews user content submissions for approval and publishing to Web
- Communicates with Second Life users in support of various editorial initiatives
- Provides assistance with Lindenlab.com and preparation of PR/marketing materials
- Tracks performance metrics for the content that is created and then uses this data to improve content strategy
- Demonstrated writing for online blogs and/or publications. You will need to write persuasive, clear content in a variety of contexts, with an emphasis on brevity and simplicity.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of online virtual worlds.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Web-based publishing tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of SEO principles a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in the Second Life community a significant plus.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years writing experience in customer or client-facing online communication.
- Samples of online editorial content development (e.g. blogs, web videos, etc.).
Email your resume to HR in MS Word, RTF, HTML, or ASCII text format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
Hi5 Networks User Experience Designer – San Francisco September 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in san francisco, staff opp, user experience (UX).
add a comment
hi5 is one of the world’s largest social networks. Our company is ranked as the #1 social network in 26 nations across Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia and Africa.
- 80+ million registered members
- 44+ million unique monthly visitors
- Currently available in over 23 languages
- One of the top 20 most-trafficked websites worldwide
- A founding adopter of OpenSocial
- Headquartered in San Francisco, California
Although our work is viewed and used every day by millions of people across the globe, the company is small (currently under 100 employees) and privately held. It’s a fun, bright, fast-paced and collaborative place to work.
Located in downtown San Francisco, hi5 is just steps from major public transit lines, including BART and Muni.
About the Position
As an experience designer at hi5, you will be responsible for supporting the consumer facing hi5.com in addition to the other initiatives hi5 Networks is in involved in.
- Help create the next generation experience for hi5.com for our multinational users
- Help continue to refine and grow our visual language
- Ensure brand consistency across all communication platforms
- Be the voice of the user during product development cycles
- Be a key contributor to the hi5 UED team
- Strong portfolio is a must; show us you know how to create an experience.
- Understand application design through and through.
- Have working examples of well-executed designs using usability principles.
- Understand and have working experience in interaction design.
- Have strong design communication skills. Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Think outside the box but understand constraints and how to work within them.
- Follow current design trends and understand what makes them both compelling and temporary.
- Have a deep understanding of the social web space.
- Be a team player and leave the ego at home.
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves if you need to create a quick prototype
- BS or BFA in design or related field is nice but not a must.
More about hi5 Networks:
Launched in late 2003, hi5 is one of the largest social networks in the world. We’re a founding adopter of OpenSocial, a community-driven specification for building social applications across the Web, and we’re also a founding member of the OpenSocial Foundation, a new non-profit being formed to ensure the longevity and neutrality of OpenSocial. Each day, millions of people use hi5 to stay connected and share information with friends and family around the world, meet new people, express their identity, and discover linkages.
hi5 offers an upbeat work atmosphere and the opportunity to influence the way people connect to the world. You will be working with an exceptional team and receive a competitive salary with benefits. A privately-held company, hi5 reached profitability within its first year, and raised $20 million from MDV- Mohr Davidow Ventures in July 2007.
Email Kevin Kanarek
UbiSoft Creative Writer – San Francisco August 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, marcom, san francisco, staff opp.
add a comment
Video Game Company Ubisoft is looking for a Creative Writer to join our ever-expanding creative services ranks and help take our creative to the next level. This is an opportunity to work on the client side directly with the brand managers. At Ubisoft, you will have the opportunity to express your big ideas. No boring brands. Only fun games to create cool concepts for.
Some of our extensive titles include; Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six, Assassins Creed, Prince Of Persia, Shawn White Snowboarding, Imagine and Petz.
The ideal candidate will be able to learn quickly, juggle multiple projects at once, and keep up with an accelerated pace of work. This person will be comfortable with multi-player group creative process, working with the Art Directors and the Creative Director, as well as the brand managers.
- Bachelor’s degree; a major in advertising is preferred
- 1-5 years writing experience is preferred.
- A portfolio with your best TVC, print and packaging concepts.
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Top notch creative concepting/writing skills
- Collaborate with Art Directors to develop killer creative solutions for television, print, online and packaging.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2007-08 fiscal year Ubisoft forecasts generated sales of 920 million Euros.
Granicus Instructional Designer – San Francisco August 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in course developer, san francisco, staff opp.
add a comment
If you are searching for a fast-paced, friendly environment that will encourage you to dream big, this may be the perfect opportunity for you. At Granicus, our strategy is simple – we hire great people and encourage them to turn their dreams into reality.
About the Position
As a Intructional designer you will be responsible for the design and delivery of eLearning, Instructor-led, and distance learning curriculum for the Customer Advocacy or Customer Support department.
This position will report to the Customer Advocacy Manager.
- Focus on learning development for technical programs with the intent to train technical and non-technical users
- Evaluate existing curricula for design and effectiveness and revise these offerings according to findings
- Work with Subject Matter Experts(SMEs), project managers, and trainers to develop effective training modules
- Identify training / education needs with trainers and clients and produce quality course materials including: design documents, student materials, presentation slides, instructor guides, job aids, workbooks, assessments and certification questions, course descriptions and objectives, or other support materials
- Participate in dry runs and initial classes to determine strengths and weaknesses of training design and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- BA/BS in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Education and/or other related field
- 1-3 years related experience in a software company, designing content for technical and end-user audiences Thorough understanding of ADDIE training development process and adult learning theory
- Experience creating blended training solutions
- Experience designing and developing eLearning, Instructor-led, and distance learning curriculum.
- Track record of innovation in developing training solutions
- Knowledge and experience with online training tools such as Captivate.
- Basic graphic design and layout skills.
- Exceptional analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Success in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects.
About the Company:
Founded in 1999, Granicus, Inc. is the leading provider of government webcasting and public meeting management solutions. Serving governing bodies across the United States and reaching more than 60 million individual citizens, Granicus solutions capture, store, manage and distribute live and on-demand audio and video broadcasts of public functions to help government maximize democratic transparency, engage their constituents, more efficiently manage public meetings, and improve public communication. Granicus provides the most comprehensive and tightly integrated online public records and webcasting system to all levels of government.
Granicus is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. In order to ensure equal employment opportunity for every applicant, hiring decisions will be made without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability. Granicus is firmly committed to a policy and practice of non-discrimination of employment, and Granicus will fully comply with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes of employment.
Dolby Laboratories Technical Writer – San Francisco August 1, 2008Posted by synergistech in san francisco, staff opp, technical writer.
add a comment
Job ID: 1108
Be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team. For more than 40 years, Dolby has led the way in developing innovative entertainment products and technologies used by consumers and professionals worldwide. Innovations from Dolby can be heard in consumer audio and video products, entertainment software, and professional sound applications, including music recording, broadcasting, and sound for motion pictures.
Now Dolby is defining high-definition audio and systems for delivering breathtaking digital cinema. Our long-standing commitment to research and development enables our focus to remain on solutions that work today and are prepared for the future. That’s what keeps us on the leading edge of the industry.
Our company philosophy encourages creativity, collaboration, and the desire to perceive things differently. We have been recognized as one of the top 100 best places to work in the Bay Area. We offer a unique and rich array of benefits, including a flexible work schedule and an assortment of health coverage options. We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team.
You will create and produce documentation for developers at licensed IC- and product-manufacturers, who build Dolby technologies into their products. Work closely with engineering to develop design guidelines, product requirements, and test materials for the manufacturers. Work on site at our SF headquarters, with engineering development teams that may be in the same building, on a different continent, or a combination. Produce clear and concise deliverables and maintain communication between team members.
Core job requirement is a track record of documenting technology at a deep level, for engineering audiences. Audio/video technology knowledge is a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
- Write, edit, and format documentation, to support Dolby’s product and licensed technology releases.
- Develop documentation plans and schedules.
- Establish and maintain understanding of workflow among all contributors.
- Coordinate reviews, compile and integrate comments, and facilitate discussion among team members to gain consensus, resolve content issues, and secure approval of final documentation.
- Maintain electronic filing system that supports workflow during, and after completion of all projects.
- Contribute to development of consistency of output within and between delivery formats.
- Develop and learn new methodologies for the creation and production of technical content, as needed.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with a variety of internal clients and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree with five or more years of technical writing experience.
- Advanced experience with Adobe FrameMaker and Acrobat, and Microsoft Word.
- Working knowledge of on-line Help authoring tools, Visio, CorelDraw or similar illustration programs.
- Familiarity with documentation control systems, electronic database maintenance, and current publishing technology.