UPEK Marketing Communications Intern – Emeryville September 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, east bay, intern, marcom.
add a comment
Join UPEK, a bleeding-edge biometric technology company where you can make an impact and gain solid experience.
The Marketing Communications Coordinator implements marketing messaging via online and offline mediums to effectively communicate to customers, partners, and the media.
- Collateral – Gather requirements from internal stakeholders and direct design agency in the creation of product flyers, case studies, whitepapers, etc.
- Web – Coordinate web agency in updating and iterating http://www.upek.com to reflect new product announcements, media coverage, and improved user experience.
- Design – Coordinate design agency in executing design projects including signage, booth graphics, PowerPoint slides, etc.
- Events – Plan and coordinate logistics for tradeshow presence.
- PR – Contribute to drafting press releases and conducting media outreach.
- Localization – Manage translation agency in localization of product packaging, web, etc.
- Digital assets – Organize and make available to internal stakeholders inventory of images, presentation slides, etc.
- Eye for design. Photoshop and Illustrator skills a plus.
- Strong Organizational & planning skills. MS Project skills a plus.
- Agency management
- Understanding of web development concepts. HTML and Flash skills a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of strategic marketing concepts
- Bachelors degree
30 hours per week. $20 per hour.
add a comment
Green Options Media is Looking for College Students for Summer Web Publishing Internship
Do you care about the environment? The future? Want to make a difference, or at least start learning how? It starts here.
GreenOptions.com is an online media community geared toward empowering sustainable choices. Despite the amount of green information out there, we know that many people are still hunting for practical, personal knowledge that allows them to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle without breaking their budget or seriously sacrificing comfort and convenience.
We provide a place for average people to connect with whatever aspects of the green movement appeal to them, and make informed decisions that allow them to live a responsible, healthy and abundant life.
Intern Responsibilities :
Responsibilities will include assisting the writers in our blog network with promotion, through use of social media. You will have the opportunity to learn about Search Engine Optimization through participating in various projects to improve our visibility in the search engines. You will also help with researching other blogs and websites for networking opportunities, as well as contribute to our Community Forums. There may also be opportunities for editing, and writing for our network.
We are looking for web-savvy interns with great online research skills. Knowledge of and interest in specific green topics is important, as well as a willingness to help out with both the fun and the tedious projects. Ideally interns will have knowledge or be users of social media sites such as Digg and StumbleUpon. Prior experience using WordPress is also helpful, as well as general proofreading abilities. Great communication skills and an ability to learn quickly are key.
Our company is run collaboratively with offices in San Francisco and St. Louis, with remote staff throughout the country. Your work can largely be done virtually, although preference will be given to candidates local to our offices. Interns should feel comfortable working independently, and virtually.
Time Commitment: internships are unpaid and require a three-month or semester-long commitment, with a minimum of 10 hours of work per week. Internships are available only to currently enrolled college students, who will receive credit for the experience.
Anticipated start date in May/June.
Email Sharon Troy your resume and cover letter, and put “Summer Web Publishing Internship” in the Subject line. Please tell her you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
CyberSource Technical Writing Intern – Mountain View July 3, 2008Posted by synergistech in contract opp, intern, peninsula, technical writer.
add a comment
We are looking for an intern to join our Information Development group. You will:
- Work closely with our developers, QA engineers, technical writers and technical support team to research information and get reviews.
- Incorporate new material and improve the quality of our existing user and developer documentation.
This internship position starts at 20 hours per week with potential for more depending upon the selected intern’s availability. Hours are flexible but must be during normal business hours. The successful candidate will be a quick, energetic learner who has:
- 2 or more years completed toward a Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, computer science, or related degree.
- Enrollment in a Technical Writing program a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to explain concepts clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a passion to learn.
- Familiarity with FrameMaker a plus.
- Familiarity with programming documentation a plus.
- Familiarity with graphic design and web development a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical disability, medical condition, or any other factor prohibited by law.
Email HR a brief cover page and your resume, or fax it to 650.964.4378.
add a comment
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge and experience in all areas of graphic and web site design. He or she will have strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to solve problems independently and the strong interpersonal communications skills needed to convey their creative and ingenious ideas and plans.
- Developing wireframes, distinctive logos and visual designs for websites, print ads, booth graphics and more
- Designing and producing promotional displays and marketing brochures for products and services
- The implementation of marketing strategies
- Researching and updating information and content for all websites
Education and Experience
- College degree in art or design (or in a program driving toward a degree in art or design) or the equivalent work experience
- Formal education in Graphic Design with a thorough understanding of layout, color, composition, typography, and iconography
- Possess artistic ability and creative thinking for designing eye-catching and effective graphics
- Able to come up with strategies for layouts and artistic concepts
- Aptitude for creating visual images that engage, attract and sell
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating ability to create strategic brand solutions both in print and online
- Passion for making things simple, intuitive, consistent, and beautiful
- Solid understanding of typography, photography and illustration
- Excellent computer skills including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Office
- Ideally, candidate would posses a solid understating and experience with Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML and CSS, etc.
- Meticulous, thorough and detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance several projects simultaneously while maintaining quality and meeting deadlines
- Open to change and able to adjust to shifting priorities
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Responsive to customer needs
Mentor Graphics Entry-Level Technical Writer – San Jose June 11, 2008Posted by synergistech in intern, south bay, staff opp, technical writer.
add a comment
Reference ID: jc-1
Mentor Graphics, a leader in the Electronics Design Automation (EDA) industry, is looking for a technical writer for its growing Calibre IC Verification products. Working closely with a talented design staff, you will be responsible for documenting new technologies as well as proven product lines.
Our open position is located in:
Our writing team provides the following environment:
- A group with decades of combined experience (and a sense of humor)
- Training to gain knowledge in the field
- Involvement in every level of documentation production for multiple books
- Ability to innovate and improve documentation standards
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Our ideal candidates will have the following:
- BS/MS in a technical degree (such as EE, CS, Physics, or Applied Math; new graduates will be considered)
- Demonstrable interest/experience in the microchip industry (DRC, LVS, OPC, or RET)
- An understanding of CMOS or digital design is a plus
- Polished ability to write concisely
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding investigative research instincts
- Multitasking and/or project management capabilities
- A portfolio of success stories and writing samples
Ideally, you’re a writer with a highly technical background, an engineer looking for a career change, or a new college graduate with a technical degree and strong writing and interpersonal skills.
add a comment
InsWeb Corporation, the Internet’s leading insurance marketplace is looking for a part-time Web Writer/Editor Intern.
- Qualified candidate will research and write website content that addresses user needs, enhances users online experience, and promotes key offerings.
- Ensure web content meets established editorial, quality and industry standards for web usability, accessibility and SEO best practices.
- Apply AP Style and web editorial guidelines to all projects.
- Ability to understand complex information and be able to translate it into user-friendly information that is easy to understand.
- Excellent research, writing and editorial skills.Bachelor’s degree in progress in relevant discipline (marketing, mass communications, English, journalism, PR/advertising, technical writing/editing).
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize among multiple work items.
- Ability to work independently and meet rigorous deadlines.
- Previous Web-based writing a plus.
- Must present samples of previous writings.
- Immediate eligibility for medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) with company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid days off
- Educational assistance
- Fitness membership discounts
Date Posted: 05/21/2008
If you use a simple typeface and a font size of 12 to 14 points, you can also fax or mail it to:
Contact: Human Resources
11290 Pyrites Way, Suite 200
Gold River, CA 95670
Powerset User Experience Intern – San Francisco May 12, 2008Posted by synergistech in intern, san francisco, user experience (UX).
add a comment
Job Code: INT-006
Powerset is looking for a User Experience Intern to work with the Product Management team to explore features enabled by our natural language index. This position is a full time internship, up to 3 months, to work onsite at Powerset’s headquarters in San Francisco.
- Take a feature through the entire design and development process, from conception to release.
- Explore different treatments of the feature through wireframes and mockups
- Test early versions of the feature with users
- Iterate on the design of the feature
- Guide the product through the development cycle
- A keen eye for Web design
- Ability to produce mockups (e.g., with Photoshop or another piece of software)
- Ability to produce at least HTML mockups of functionality
- Web development experience highly desirable
Lam Research Tech Writer Intern – Fremont May 9, 2008Posted by synergistech in east bay, intern, technical writer.
add a comment
Essential Functions and Duties
Knowledge of technical writing, page layout, indexing, and editing will be utilized to assist existing Software Department Tech writer to develop and prepare documentation packages describing features and functionality of new SW releases.
Junior of Senior level college student with target of BA in English, Technical Writing, Technical Communications or equivalent. Successful completion of classes in page layout and technical writing/editing are required. Skills with cataloging and indexing are a plus. The ability to effectively use Windows based applications and FrameMaker is required. Adobe Acrobat and/or PhotoShop are a plus.
add a comment
Zimbra (www.zimbra.com), is a leading provider of email, calendaring and collaboration solutions for enterprises and service providers, and is an open source software company. We have 1500+ customers for the commercial version of our Zimbra Collaboration Suite; hundreds of universities, and hundreds of hosting providers including ISPs with 1M+ users.
We seek a Sunnyvale, California-based paid technical writer intern to work with us this summer. The technical writer intern will work with other writers on various projects, including update existing manuals, end user documentation, and training documents; write new documentation and articles for the WIKI, and create FAQ html pages. The candidate will have the opportunity to interface with development, QA, support, and training teams.
Job responsibilities include
- Rewriting, new writing, copy editing, and proofreading of guides, help topics, wiki articles
- Interacting with developers to gain product knowledge
- Installing and using the product to familiarize yourself with the installation process, and features and functionality
- Following standard technical writing practices, using style guidelines and company processes to produce documentation
Education and Experience
- Completion of two or more years towards a Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, information development, or related degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Experienced with Microsoft Word and HTML. Knowledge of FrameMaker a plus.
- Intermediate computer skills
Desired Job Qualifications
- Familiar with software engineering practices very helpful
- Experience with FrameMaker, RoboHelp (or other Help Authoring tools)
Please be prepared to supply writing samples.
Email HR with “Summer Technical Writer Intern” in the subject line