Rhythm NewMedia Web Designer – Mountain View September 16, 2008Posted by synergistech in graphic designer, peninsula, staff opp.
add a comment
Rhythm NewMedia is seeking a Web Designer that will be responsible for creating the pages, layout, and graphics for web pages, and play a key role in the development of Rhythm’s website properties. They will maintain the look and feel based on pre-established guidelines and design attractive graphics, images, and other visual elements, and adapt them for the website’s pages.
They will be a point of contact during the course of a variety of projects, responsible for the success of each project through efficient scheduling, meticulous systems development as well as effective coordination and communication between all parties involved. They will maintain project plans and schedules; design systems to drive key team actions required to meet project delivery requirements; track and report on milestones and the status of critical project deliverables.
Some Specific Duties Include:
- Uses Rhythm’s content management systems to regularly maintain and update all content for posting to online and mobile websites
- Design special project or special feature pages, as hot issues or “branded” efforts emerge
- Interface with multiple departments at Rhythm to establish schedules, refine concepts, gather information, drafts language, and obtain reviews and approvals as required to complete projects
- Maintain a high level proficiency in HTML (e.g., participates in training sessions, learns new software applications to further develop skills)
- Attends meeting or work groups as needed to learn about subject matter, graphic design, format and facilitating copy
- Effectively utilize established asset management systems as the main source for images, fonts, editorial style, digital assets and images as needed
- Coordinate, edit, and check the content integrity of the website regularly
- Monitor, analyze, and report on Web statistics
- Stay abreast of Web technologies, standards, and usability principles
- Coordinate and manage outside vendor services
- Manage and produce special marketing and research projects as assigned
- High proficiency using HTML and other web applications
- Ability to learn other new technology applications for communications and design
- Successful experience related to graphic design, creative services, project management, and related fields with a particular emphasis on designing for electronic media and the web
- Ability to handle code, web content, and layout using HTML, CSS, and other common technologies
- Design layout experience and creative mind
- Experienced with the latest computer and graphic design systems including, but not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite, especially skills in Adobe PhotoShop, cropping, color-correcting, and optimizing images
- Knowledge of Flash a plus
- References at all previous positions held should be at the “super star” level, on the following scale: super star, excellent, good, above average, average
- High energy and ready for the demands of a high energy start up
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly self driven & motivated. Lots of initiative and drive
- Reliable – delivers results as planned
- Is interested in building a high value company – not looking for a quick flip
- Very strong at teamwork – can work effectively with other functions
- Sunny personality. Will add positive energy to the company’s environment through his/her personality
- Good chemistry with current team and investors
- Impeccable integrity
Zurb Contract Visual Designer – Campbell September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in contract opp, copywriter, graphic designer, south bay.
add a comment
ZURB is looking for a Visual Design Freelancer to work with our design strategy team on two music related web projects. We’re a close-knit team that helps companies design better web sites, services, and products online. We’ve been around over 10 years and have over 75 startups in our client roster. Our clients range from large, well-known companies that we’ve helped for years (e.g., Photobucket, Zazzle, Playlist.com, the New York Stock Exchange) to brand-new startups just finding their feet (Qik, TinyPic). They all came to us based on our reputation of delivering killer ideas that work. We’re creative thinkers, risk takers and refuse to look at our work as just a job. We like fun projects and constantly push each other to get better at our craft.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone that produces great visual design using Photoshop, but is also extremely comfortable using XHTML and CSS as design tools. The projects we’re working on are focused around music, so a keen eye for style is desired.
- Visual Design – illustrations, icons, compelling visual elements, etc.
- Experience integrating with Rails would also be great.
- Words – clear explanations, compelling writing, and the occasional clever or funny e-mail
Ok I’m in! What do I have to do?
We like creative thinkers, admire risk takers and refuse to look at our work as just a job. We like fun projects and push each other to get better at our craft.
To apply, email HR with:
- A catchy subject line with the words “Visual Designer that Digs Pop Music” at the front
- URL to your portfolio
- A list of your top 3 skills
- Your best teamwork tactic
- Your resume
Supermicro Computer Sr. Graphics Designer – Mountain View August 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in graphic designer, peninsula, staff opp.
add a comment
Job Code: SC08023
- Develop flash animation projects, graphic presentation and navigation of websites;
- Develop and monitor standards for user interfaces and graphics development;
- Support marketing and business development groups for collateral and other print graphic needs;
- Create page layout design for flyers, data sheets, CD covers and other printed materials;
- Provide creative direction and vision for all print and web materials for brand development;
- Assist in coordinating/executing marketing activities, such as tradeshows/events;
- Provide general sales support for marketing department;
- Collaborate with engineers and PM to create technical spec materials;
- Establish and maintain various press/magazine ad, collaterals, and web contacts.
- 5-10 years extensive experience in gif and flash animation, graphic and web design, logo development, creative and technical illustration;
- Minimum 2 years experience in print advertising, collateral & layout, plus event coordination;
- Degree in Web Animation, Graphic Arts, Graphics Design, Art, or related field, of the equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Proficiency in PC and Macintosh systems including Microsoft Office, Quark, PM, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, CorelDraw, XPress, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and any 3D tool;
- Experience in HTML/CSS/CGI/Perl/PHP;
- Skills in operating digital cameras, capturing screen shots, converting digital images into Adobe formats and importing PageMaker files, are preferred;
- Strong organization skills, ability to work under pressure, ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, and detail-oriented are essential.
Email HR and cite the job title and code (SC08023)
Oracle Graphic Artist – Redwood Shores August 1, 2008Posted by synergistech in graphic designer, peninsula, staff opp.
add a comment
The Oracle Social Sales Apps group is looking to expand its world-class engineering team, which has created the top ranked Oracle Siebel CRM On Demand Product (www.crmondemand.com). Our group has helped to pioneer the Software As A Service (SaaS) business and advanced the industry by our innovative feature set, UI, and our leading edge infrastructure.
The Social CRM group is creating revolutionary applications that apply Web 2.0 technologies to the enterprise space. These applications are designed with the end users, sales people, in mind. Larry Ellison showcased these apps at Oracle Open World, and they have been described as “gorgeous” & “beautiful.”
We have a fast paced and extremely dynamic group in which new ideas are sought out. We are looking for creative UI individuals who have a flare and passion for creating “beautiful” applications.
We are looking for a Graphic Artist familiar with Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator. Project lead role and or supervisory experience are preferred. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of related experience.
Mountain Hardwear Graphic Designer III – Richmond July 31, 2008Posted by synergistech in east bay, graphic designer, staff opp.
add a comment
Create a wide range of corporate and marketing items that reflect the Mountain Hardwear and Montrail brands by utilizing design, layout and production skills. While it reports to the Marketing Director, this position works under the art direction of the Graphic Designer, Creative Lead to develop and produce various marketing materials, including retail graphics, hang tags/packaging, website graphics, corporate collateral materials, workbook and catalog.
Specific Job Skills:
- Position requires excellent design skills as well as solid strategic design and branding abilities.
- Must be computer literate in Macintosh environment and have thorough knowledge of Quark, InDesign, Photoshop, Freehand, and Illustrator with a working knowledge of Flash. Multimedia experience a plus.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills, project management and prioritization skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Advertising, Design, or related field – or – experience equivalent to degree.
- 5+ years professional design/production experience working with graphic design (preferably with 2+ years in a corporate setting involving consumer retail products).
Occasionally required to work in excess of 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week, weekends and nights during peak season or rush projects. Occasional travel to press checks.
add a comment
The Public Policy Institute of California is a non-partisan, independent, policy research organization based in California. PPIC’s research agenda focuses on economic development, education, environment and resources, governance, population, public finance, and social and health policy. Research activities within these policy areas address underlying systemic forces shaping California’s future and crosscut a variety of public policy areas.
Manage the production, packaging, and publication of PPIC products. Coordinate production team to create a variety of high-quality, accessible, and engaging publications in print and web formats. The production editor will report to the associate director for communications.
- Manage production of a variety of print and online publications.
- Supervise production and graphics associates.
- Direct traffic from receipt of document to final product working with in-house staff and external vendors, including printers and designers.
- Maintain the institute’s overall production schedule and publications procedures and work across departments on publications work plans.
- Serve as primary production contact for several types of publications. Assist with graphics on an as-needed basis.
- Coordinate development of new products and communications vehicles.
- Oversee publications budget, monitor costs and performance of external vendors.
- Remain abreast of new techniques in print and web production.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years experience directly managing production of publications or similar product, or equivalent experience.
- Pre-press and graphic design skills and experience in multiple formats.
- Direct experience managing staff.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendors, costs, and quality.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize job flow/scheduling, and work with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to work diplomatically with many different people and departments.
- Proofreading experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and Adobe CS3 (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat).
PPIC values the wide variety of backgrounds and experiences of our staff, and key elements in the consideration of qualified candidates include excellence; diversity of talents, backgrounds, and viewpoints; and a strong fit with our mission and goals.
Email Anneke Gaul a completed PPIC Employment Application, cover letter, and your resume, indicating “Job 200826″ in the subject line.
imeem Graphic Designer – San Francisco June 12, 2008Posted by synergistech in graphic designer, san francisco, staff opp.
add a comment
imeem is looking for a Graphic Designer to design web-based dynamic and innovative custom programs for our consumer-facing web site, marketing projects, and sales efforts. The ideal candidate must have visual design experience, a sense of today’s style trends, good technical know-how, and solid results with attention to detail. The Designer works effectively and efficiently across internal teams in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to create a range of designs for each project and be self-motivated and have strong communication skills. If you are an ambitious self-starter with a love of music and film, this could be the perfect position for you!
- Design mocks for advertisers during the Pre-Sales process
- Design and launch all promotional assets for advertiser programs, marketing programs and promotions including Profile and Group pages, custom ad units and any additional custom creative/innovative solutions
- Interact with cross-functional teams to confirm that all build requirements are met, including tech, tracking, sales and ad operations
- Manage multiple deliverables on-time with high-quality client solutions
- Partner with internal departments to achieve project goals
- Proactively makes suggestions for business best practices and process improvements
- Manage external design resources when necessary
- 3 to 5 years of web design experience primarily focusing on professional Web and interactive products with a consumer-oriented audience
- Experience in an online media environment/creative agency working with external clients
- Expert proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash
- Knowledge of Rich Media Advertising
- Knowledge of interactive design concepts, wireframes and user-flow diagrams
- Knowledge of typographical, print, motion graphic, and interaction design skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines and changing needs
- Strong communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
add a comment
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge and experience in all areas of graphic and web site design. He or she will have strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to solve problems independently and the strong interpersonal communications skills needed to convey their creative and ingenious ideas and plans.
- Developing wireframes, distinctive logos and visual designs for websites, print ads, booth graphics and more
- Designing and producing promotional displays and marketing brochures for products and services
- The implementation of marketing strategies
- Researching and updating information and content for all websites
Education and Experience
- College degree in art or design (or in a program driving toward a degree in art or design) or the equivalent work experience
- Formal education in Graphic Design with a thorough understanding of layout, color, composition, typography, and iconography
- Possess artistic ability and creative thinking for designing eye-catching and effective graphics
- Able to come up with strategies for layouts and artistic concepts
- Aptitude for creating visual images that engage, attract and sell
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating ability to create strategic brand solutions both in print and online
- Passion for making things simple, intuitive, consistent, and beautiful
- Solid understanding of typography, photography and illustration
- Excellent computer skills including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Office
- Ideally, candidate would posses a solid understating and experience with Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML and CSS, etc.
- Meticulous, thorough and detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance several projects simultaneously while maintaining quality and meeting deadlines
- Open to change and able to adjust to shifting priorities
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Responsive to customer needs
add a comment
Job ID 01.70-08
- Provide illustrations for datasheets, implementation guides, application guides, technical bulletins, etc. Illustrations include:
- Pinout drawings
- Timing diagrams
- Functional block diagrams
- Package drawings
- Orthographic drawings
- Sensor array center drawings
- Miscellaneous drawings illustrating various sensor functions
- Create Documentation and Driver CDs for outgoing evaluation modules
- Product roadmap distribution
- Sensor Implementation Guide distribution
- COB Datasheet distribution
- Support Marcomm with tradeshow preparation
- Update Quick Start Guides and CD master files for evaluation modules
- Able to translate engineering drawings and schematics into technical illustrations used in product documentation
- Able to interface with engineers and technical writers at every stage of the illustration process
- Excellent layout skills and a compulsion for consistency
- College level English preferred)
- Proficient using the following software:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Photoshop
- AA (or equivalent experience) in technical illustration or related field
- 1-2 years technical illustration experience
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Can work under limited supervision
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently (task oriented)
- Able to meet aggressive schedules and deadlines
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Technical background helpful
Conduit Multimedia Designer – San Francisco June 3, 2008Posted by synergistech in graphic designer, interface design, san francisco, staff opp.
add a comment
Conduit is a high-energy Internet startup that is changing the way online publishers connect with their subscribers using the latest website syndication technologies. Working at Conduit means joining a fantastically talented group of engineers, designers and business minds in an exciting environment with tremendous growth potential.
If you are an exceptionally creative, technically strong multi-media designer who is skilled in web design, flash, and video, then we want to talk to you!
- Help define the brand identity and interactive experience for the Conduit website.
- Create and manage updates to the company website including graphics, animation, and overall functionality.
- Work closely with the online promotion and events team to create unique graphic designs and interactive experiences for e-mail, search engine marketing, conferences and trade shows, newsletter and blogs, etc.
- Develop cutting edge Marketing 2.0 flash and video experiences for viral promotion, publisher education, and corporate marketing.
- Work closely with the social media marketing team to create unique graphic and interactive experiences for offsite promotions in MySpace, Facebook, etc.
- Perform ongoing website quality control and testing.
Bottom line: we are interested in your creative intelligence, skills and judgment—how you think and what you can do. Your portfolio is more important to us than your experience.
- 4+ years experience in design and/or BFA in graphic design or equivalent preferred.
- Proficiency with state-of-the-art software to produce accurate and innovative graphic design, including most or all of the following: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with interactive online media in the form of short video, special effects, flash animation and 3D animations.
- Demonstrated understanding of standards-based coding, browser compatibility issues, and web constraints. Experience with content management systems a strong plus.
- A love of technology and knowledge of Web 2.0
add a comment
Seeking a Graphic/Interactive Designer who can develop and maintain our corporate brand; provide creative design, collateral, and templates. Responsibilities include helping translate ideas into a visual look and feel that communicates the Imperva brand.
- Define and implement corporate graphic identity and other visual representation for Imperva.
- Help develop corporate style and branding guidelines
- Create internal/external communications via company collateral, presentations, exhibits materials, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Aid in web page design and layout; Monitor the creative online content, user interface graphics, icons, color schemes for new and recurring web projects
- Design and produce e-communications such as banner advertising and e-mail campaigns
- Design and produce exhibit materials, signage, CD, video and all collaterals
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience in Graphic Design, Commercial Art, Visual Communications, or Computer Graphics
- The ideal candidate will possess well-developed page layout and creative design skills for print and web including static and rich media banner ads, datasheets, brochures, marketing flyers, direct mail, HTML e-mails, print advertisements, logos and trade show exhibits.
- Proficiency with the latest software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, QuarkXpress, Dreamweaver, HTML, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Comprehensive knowledge of graphic design principles, a wide variety of media, and production methods
- Understanding of brand strategies and target audiences
- Demonstrated excellence in graphic design, typography, color sense and paper selection and a high degree of innovation through the professional portfolio
- Excellent analytic thinking and creative problem solving skills for visual information design
- Candidate will be a supportive team member as well as work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills required.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
This position provides an outstanding opportunity in a challenging and team oriented environment. We also offer a competitive salary, a complete insurance package, and 401(k).
Pandora Graphic Designer – Oakland May 13, 2008Posted by synergistech in east bay, graphic designer, staff opp.
add a comment
We have a terrific opportunity for a talented graphic designer to join our team. You should have an exceptional eye and enjoy pushing the limits of design in all directions. You need significant experience designing in a variety of styles and should be comfortable juggling several projects with changing priorities.
Pandora’s graphic design team is responsible for creating cutting-edge online advertising that is well-integrated into the overall Pandora experience. You will have a level of creative freedom unusual in the advertising world. You will also help to maintain Pandora’s high standards of design for new features, communications projects, and more!
- Graphic design and production of unique ad units and page skins
- Authoring of HTML and CSS to implement ad units
- Working directly with the ad sales team to design compelling custom ad units for major accounts
- Design of marketing communications materials
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize creative, engaging consumer designs
- A BA in Graphic Design or related field
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, including online advertising
- Strong Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash skills
- Comfortable working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly while juggling several projects
- Ability to work in a variety of visual styles
- Knowledge of Actionscript and Motif Ad Kit is a plus
Intel QA Graphic Artist – Santa Clara May 13, 2008Posted by synergistech in graphic designer, south bay, staff opp.
add a comment
Job Code: 549979
Intel’s Software and Solutions Group (SSG) works to increase the value of Intel’s products by enhancing all levels of software that executes on Intel based platforms. The group is directly engaged in design, engineering and diffusion of PC software technologies. The Intel? Software Network (ISN) provides a network of resources for professional developers at independent software vendors as well as corporate Information Technology (IT) shops, including access to technical libraries, support, education, and training. The Intel? Software Development Products are a full suite of tools that help software developers create the best software possible on Intel? architecture. For corporate end users, Intel? Solution Services, a professional consulting organization, uses its foremost expertise in Intel? architecture and next-generation technologies to design cost-effective, cutting-edge solutions to complex business challenges and helps businesses get the most out of their IT investments. A Software College provides onsite training on Intel software development tools and the latest Intel? products and technologies. Software represents a key element in Intel’s drive to advance the entire PC platform.
Responsibilities and Details
Intel’s Advanced Visual Computing group is seeking a Quality Assurance Graphics Artist for our Game Engine Technology group that is developing software tool pipelines for Intel’s next generation graphics silicon. In this position, you will be responsible for defining software test methodologies, and designing and implementing test content to validate gaming engines and tools.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Writing test plans, test cases and developing 3D content to ensure product quality, increase code coverage and minimize validation escapes to customers
- Ensuring timely software releases by improving efficiency, productivity and consistency through test automation
- Setting up and configuring systems required for testing
- Running tests, analyzing fails and reporting defects
- Gathering quality and validation indicators
- Working closely with other stakeholders, such as graphic artists, code developers, technical writers, program managers, technical support engineers, marketing professionals, and customers
You should possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or similar field, with more than two years of experience in software testing and Quality Assurance. Additional qualifications include:
- Good understanding of QA for models, textures, animation, character rigging game animation and game logic
- Proficient using Maya, Photoshop, 3DS Max, XSI, Poser, Blender, FXComposer 2.0, RenderMonkey, DAZ Studio and similar tools.
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills
- Excellent technical communication skills to support a worldwide team
- Working knowledge of Web services (for example HTML, XML, PHP*, ASP*)
- Experience in commercial software development
- Experience in Windows* and Linux* operating systems
- Experience in test automation
- Experience in testing Game art and content
add a comment
Accela is the leading provider of government enterprise software solutions and the largest software company that makes government services available 24/7. Accela products represent an important step for state and local governments as they replace their legacy systems with emerging technologies that provide comprehensive solutions that empower government employees and citizens they serve with the software to accomplish their mission.
Our solutions open up new and better ways for governments to serve citizens in the areas of asset management, emergency response, permitting, planning, licensing, public health, public works, and more.
Backed by nearly 30 years of development and implementation in more than 500 agencies in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, Accela products and services empower agencies to increase efficiencies, reduce workload, and provide citizens and businesses with more convenient access to government services.
Join our team! Benefits package enhanced for 2008!
Accela seeks a Technical Writer, Education and Training, to work closely with the Training Manager and Training Lead in developing training documentation and materials within its new Methodology Department.
- Create, edit and maintain illustrations for use in documentation
- Design and develop education manuals based on information from multiple sources; sources may include engineering specifications, and hands-on product usage
- Gather, evaluate, organize, and rescind information as needed to meet the needs of various audiences
- Propose and utilize creative ideas to continuously improve documentation and usability
- Manage documentation layout and graphic design, both print and online
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications; Technical degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of technical writing experience
- Government industry domain knowledge, a plus
- Technical ability to understand and operate Accela products
- Computer skills including MS Office, page layout, photo editing, and illustration software.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, a plus
- Demonstrated writing, editing, and document production skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical
- Ability to work and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with others to maintain internal and external access to published documentation
- Proven ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision and minimal instructions
We offer competitive salaries, 401(k), stock options, and excellent benefits. Qualified applicants must enjoy the challenge of working in a multi-task environment and have the desire to grow with our company.
This position does not cover relocation.
add a comment
Watt Stopper/Legrand offers a comprehensive range of lighting control solutions for commercial applications, including lighting control panels, occupancy sensors, automatic daylighting controls, bi-level HID controls, DALI dimming controls, and plug load controls. In addition, the company has engineered groundbreaking residential products, including the revolutionary Miro architectural wiring devices and wireless RF controls. Other residential control products include motion sensors and code-compliant vacancy sensors.
In addition to bringing innovation to lighting control, Watt Stopper/Legrand continues to lead in education and industry participation. It is an active member in many industry and energy efficiency organizations, including Rebuild America, Energy Cost Savings Council, Council of Educational Facility Planners International, National Association of Energy Service Companies, National Electrical Manufacturers Association, Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, LonMark,ÓLighting Controls Association, BACnet Manufacturers Association, US Green Building Council, and Sustainable Buildings Industry Council. It is a registered provider for American Institute of Architects Continuing Education System.
Watt Stopper began as a family business by two brothers in their father’s garage. Since then, it expanded and currently has corporate offices in Santa Clara, engineering services in Santa Clara CA, Carlsbad CA and Birmingham AL, a National Technical Support Center in Texas, manufacturing and warehousing in Livermore CA and 15 regional sales offices across the United States and Canada.
Watt Stopper is part of the Legrand North America group of companies, which includes Wiremold/Legrand, Pass & Seymour/Legrand, Ortronics/Legrand, Watt Stopper/Legrand and On-Q/Legrand. Legrand North America (LNA), headquartered in West Hartford, Connecticut, is committed to product innovation and world-class service. The Legrand North America vision is to be the premier choice for electrical and network infrastructure products, systems and solutions. Employing 2,600 employees across the United States and Canada, Legrand North America has a work environment that promotes personal advancement, pride and achievement.
Our need is for a freelance illustrator/graphic designer/desktop publisher to develop illustrations and layouts for installation and user guides for installing electricians, electrical distributors, specifying agents, and technical support at all levels.
The candidate must have demonstrable experience in communicating concepts and procedures graphically in a clear manner that promotes safe and successful field installations.
The illustrator will work under the guidance of the staff technical writer to implement input from numerous functional departments, including engineering, marketing, regulatory compliance, tech support, and other SMEs.
- Excellent desktop publishing skills
- Expertise with Adobe Illustrator
- Expertise with Adobe InDesign
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with Adobe PhotoShop
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information clearly through graphics
- Work effectively with SMEs who may be remotely located
- Two years of technical illustration experience
The ideal candidate has experience designing instructional materials for electrical device manufacturers for the construction and building trades. A technical writing or illustration certificate or degree, or a background in human factors would be a plus. Please indicate any experience with AutoCAD or SolidWorks applications.
Email Mary Jo Sowinski or fax your resume to 408-988-5331