Contract Web Content Writers – Anywhere June 27, 2009Posted by synergistech in 100% offsite possible, contract opp, copywriter.
add a comment
Ed: this company appears legitimate but we have no independent proof. As always, caveat emptor. Please reply with your own experience.
B2B Marketing Communications Manager – San Francisco June 27, 2009Posted by synergistech in copywriter, manager, marcom, san francisco, staff opp.
add a comment
SOMA — San Francisco, CA
Founded in 2003 and has over 2,500 businesses using their Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) online customer communications and reputational marketing system. Company has achieved 14 quarters of over 80% year-over-year quarterly growth, is profitable, and is expected to triple in size within the next 18-24 months.
Reports to Senior Marketing Manager.
Looking for an outstanding individual to join their growing marketing team. The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of marketing communications for the company. Primary emphasis will be on developing and executing on lead generation email marketing campaigns, customer and prospect email life-cycle emails, and monthly newsletters. You will have ownership for the entire campaign lifecycle including concept, implementation, testing and reporting results.
Additional responsibilities include event planning, promotion, and management, as well as the development of collateral materials for campaigns and events. Secondary responsibilities will include participation in, or ownership of, various initiatives including public relations, website management, and leveraging social media platforms.
Candidates must be exceptionally strong writers and understand how to communicate with existing and potential clients across multiple verticals. In addition, the ability to manage events and work with vendors is a necessary prerequisite. The Marketing Communications Manager will also contribute to other lead generating activities and have the opportunity to help shape the company’s marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following qualities:
- 2 – 5 years of lead generation marketing or agency experience
- 1 – 3 years direct experience with managing large email marketing campaigns; basic knowledge of html
- Mastery of email performance, metrics, analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience driving/executing convention strategy
- BA/BS required; MBA a plus
June 26, 2009
Please contact John Stearns at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you register through notchup recruiters, you may be eligible for an interview stipend if the company wishes to interview you.
Health Net Writer/Editor – San Rafael September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, editor, marcom, north bay, staff opp.
add a comment
Job code: 08002442
MHN, Inc., is the behavioral health subsidiary of Health Net, Inc. Serving over 10.5 million members, MHN provides Employee Assistance Programs, managed behavioral healthcare, wellness programs and workplace productivity solutions that help employees live better and companies work better.
Health Net Health Net, Inc. (NYSE: HNT) is among the nation’s largest publicly traded managed health care companies. Health Net’s mission is to help people be healthy, secure and comfortable. The company’s POS, HMO, insured PPO, behavioral health and government contracts subsidiaries provide health benefits to more than 7 million individuals. For more information on Health Net, Inc., please visit the company’s Web site at http://www.healthnet.com
Researches and writes copy for MHN’s internal and external audiences, including Intranet articles (news items and features), promotional materials, announcements, email messages, scripts, presentations, marketing collateral and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writes and publishes a variety of communications products for internal and external audiences, applying appropriate language, style and media to suit message and audience.
- Writes content for marketing collateral, business summaries, facts sheets, scripts, presentations, letters, question and answer documents, public relations materials, newsletters, memoranda, announcements and stories.
- May also researches and writes media and press release materials, content for web pages, periodicals, scripts, speecehes, etc.
- Provides communications consultation services to assigned businesses, including counseling on methods for developing and distributing effective communications.
- Supports meetings and events, by providing collateral materials, announcements, speeches, and promotional materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, English, Journalism or comparable discipline, required
- Minimum five years experience in communications, employee relations or public relations or other related experience in communication and marketing support, preferably in a corporate setting. Experience collaborating with other writers and editors, and with designers.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and editing skills, using a variety of writing styles to inform business, management and consumer audiences
- Excellent understanding of brand, voice and audience
- Demonstrated ability and habits in being well organized, independent, and productive
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize intelligently and deliver on deadline
- Strong ability to learn and use new applications, and to research and understand business materials
- Experience using intermediate to advanced features in computer applications, particularly for word processing and presentations
- Solid interpersonal skills
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
FibroGen Senior Medical Writer – South San Francisco September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, editor, marcom, medical writer, peninsula, staff opp.
add a comment
Job Code: 8-124 BSP
The Senior Medical Writer is responsible for writing, editing, and/or reviewing clinical documents including, but not limited to, clinical study reports, investigator’s brochures, integrated regulatory summary documents, protocols, and manuscripts. This individual creates documents that effectively and clearly convey scientific data, ensuring that such documents comply with regulatory, journal or other guidelines in terms of content, structure, and style. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Write high-quality clinical documents that support FibroGen’s goals and objectives.
- Identify the customers for each document, and formulate and convey key messages clearly and concisely for those customers.
- Understand the key components/messages for regulatory submissions as embodied in FDA and ICH guidelines, for instance, the Clinical Expert Report and Clinical Overview components of the Common Technical Document.
- Keep current with therapeutic area(s) relevant to assigned projects.
- Use appropriate FibroGen stylistic conventions.
- Keep up-to-date on the software needed for this position.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience as a medical writer; an undergraduate degree in a scientific discipline, pharmacy, or medicine is preferred; an advanced scientific degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of, or aptitude for understanding, medicine; familiarity with the drug development process and regulatory documentation.
- Ability to gather and synthesize large amounts of data.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, and effective drug development documents, including the ability to turn data into visuals that convey the key messages and to communicate complex information effectively and accurately.
- Understanding of the role of various documents relevant to drug development in an international environment.
- Good team player; excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well with others.
- Proven document planning and project management skills.
- Ability to meet timelines without compromising document quality.
- Ability to communicate with professionals from many functional disciplines and to work across teams (often remotely).
- Ability to ensure consistency within and across documents to avoid confusion.
- Competency in relevant software applications.
SEGA Contract Web Editor – San Francisco September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, editor, manager, marcom, san francisco, staff opp.
add a comment
The Web Editor will primarily focus on the management of web projects. They will also be responsible for maintaining relationships with Marketing, Web Team, and Sega Europe.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Management
- Scheduling and Reporting
- Industry Knowledge
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates expertise in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent knowledge of handling and routing PhotoShop files.
- Understanding of HTML and other internet related technologies.
- Excellent and consistent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert project management skills.
- Excellent judgment and problem solving skills.
- Excellent understanding or interest of broader entertainment industry, games, music, and movies.
- Manages and executes multiple projects successfully and simultaneously
- Presents ideas clearly to internal and external customers effectively.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Exhibits leadership on projects.
Previous Experience and Education
- 3-5 years web production or project management experience
- 1-3 years of experience working with content management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in management, marketing, or related subject
Bio-Rad Labs Copy Editor II – Hercules September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, east bay, editor, marcom, staff opp.
add a comment
Req Number: D08-075
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. ranks among the top ten clinical diagnostics companies worldwide, manufacturing and supporting an array of products used for medical screening and diagnosis. The group specializes in quality control systems, blood virus testing, toxicology, in vitro and genetic disorders testing, specialty chemistry, molecular pathology, and internet-based software. It is recognized worldwide as the “Gold Standard” in diabetes monitoring, broad-spectrum drug screening, and hospital epidemiology. Recently, the group introduced new products for use in the areas of diabetes monitoring, HIV testing, and proteomics.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Communications
- At least 3-4 years experience in technical writing/copy editing
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel and web browser applications
- Familiarity with Mac platform a plus
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage a heavy workload
- Must be self motivated.
YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING IN A MEDICAL DIAGNOSTICS ENVIRONMENT
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Diagnostic Group’s Marketing Communications editor will assist product marketing managers with the preparation of copy for the company web site, catalogs, literature, ads, interactive media and other marketing materials. The successful candidate will edit technical and marketing-based copy while ensuring editorial standards are maintained.
- Assist in the development of product marketing copy, product descriptions and technical bulletins
- Maintain the highest level of copy quality and consistency, exercising a meticulous level of attention to detail
- Proofread all web, marketing and technical content (act as last check before materials are published)
Please supply your resume and a cover letter discussing your unique qualifications.
Zurb Contract Visual Designer – Campbell September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in contract opp, copywriter, graphic designer, south bay.
add a comment
ZURB is looking for a Visual Design Freelancer to work with our design strategy team on two music related web projects. We’re a close-knit team that helps companies design better web sites, services, and products online. We’ve been around over 10 years and have over 75 startups in our client roster. Our clients range from large, well-known companies that we’ve helped for years (e.g., Photobucket, Zazzle, Playlist.com, the New York Stock Exchange) to brand-new startups just finding their feet (Qik, TinyPic). They all came to us based on our reputation of delivering killer ideas that work. We’re creative thinkers, risk takers and refuse to look at our work as just a job. We like fun projects and constantly push each other to get better at our craft.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone that produces great visual design using Photoshop, but is also extremely comfortable using XHTML and CSS as design tools. The projects we’re working on are focused around music, so a keen eye for style is desired.
- Visual Design – illustrations, icons, compelling visual elements, etc.
- Experience integrating with Rails would also be great.
- Words – clear explanations, compelling writing, and the occasional clever or funny e-mail
Ok I’m in! What do I have to do?
We like creative thinkers, admire risk takers and refuse to look at our work as just a job. We like fun projects and push each other to get better at our craft.
To apply, email HR with:
- A catchy subject line with the words “Visual Designer that Digs Pop Music” at the front
- URL to your portfolio
- A list of your top 3 skills
- Your best teamwork tactic
- Your resume
Trulia Contract Marketing Writer – San Francisco September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in contract opp, copywriter, marcom, san francisco.
add a comment
We are seeking consumer blog columnists/writers to blog about all things real estate and home related on our soon-to-launch new Trulia Voices Blog Platform. As a contributor to Trulia, you’ll build and maintain your own blog featuring your thoughts, opinions and expertise on a variety of real estate related topics that can include:
- Going Green – tips to make your home greener
- Neighborhood focus – the ins and outs of neighborhoods throughout your city
- Tracking celebrity homes
- House hunting tips & tricks
- Buying a home: charting your personal house hunt
- Selling a home: chronicle of your home sale
- Tips to increase the value of your home
- Design & Decor
- Home Improvement tips and stories
- Pictures and videos of neighborhoods, communities, parks, and businesses
- Anything else that you find interesting about real estate, from a consumer’s point of view!
You will manage your own blog, profile, and the discussions that result from your blog posts. You can work online on your own schedule.
This is a paid-for-performance opportunity.
Email HR including:
- One paragraph on the topic you would like to write about on Trulia.com
- Submit 2 writing samples on a real estate related topic
- Your current blog (if you have one)
IDEO Marketing Editor – Palo Alto September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, editor, marcom, peninsula, staff opp.
add a comment
We’re looking for a savvy editor with a penchant for big picture thinking—a lover of both micro and macro.
IDEO helps companies innovate. We design products, services, environments, and digital experiences for organizations seeking new ways to provide value for their customers. Our work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible types who have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, work and play hard.
IDEO is looking for a marketing editor to oversee the firm’s global corporate communications. This role is based out of our Palo Alto office and plays a significant part in IDEO’s marketing and communications group, a small and dynamic team spanning the US, Europe and Asia. In addition, IDEO’s marketing editor will share a delightful bridge with the IDEO design community, sharing in common a passion for design and its potential to effect positive change in the world.
IDEO’s marketing editor will craft an authentic, human-centered view of IDEO using such public-facing channels as ideo.com, business development tools, partnership opportunities, and other print and multimedia vehicles. Working closely with IDEO’s content coordinator, the marketing editor will write, edit, and curate project case studies; award entries; creative briefs; press materials; and other brand expressions, leveraging IDEO’s work to build client relationships and community awareness. Experience managing projects, teams, and schedules will be helpful in keeping ahead of internal and external deadlines. This person will also work with IDEO designers, directors, and partners to craft and edit white papers, presentations, and articles. To best support our thought leaders, the marketing editor should have a hearty appetite of their own for cultural, social, and technological movements—think, sustainability, network culture, design for developing economies, education, branding, health and wellness, and so on.
This person should be a practiced writer and editor with 5-7 years of relevant experience. Maybe you’re coming from the publishing world as an associate editor, or maybe you’ve worked in marketing and communications for another leading-edge firm. As such, you should be familiar with the major style guides, know how to write and edit for both print and digital media, be able to read proofreaders marks, and, of course, know how and when to break the rules.
To this role you would bring the ability to collaborate with various disciplines, an enthusiasm for imparting communications know-how, and a flexible work style that can fluidly shift from solo to group scenarios. If we had our druthers, you’d also have a stellar sense of humor, a food addiction, at least one neurotic family member, and a longtime live-in relationship with music.
Splunk Director of Marketing Communications – San Francisco September 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, manager, marcom, san francisco, staff opp.
add a comment
The Director of Marketing Communications must understand the Splunk brand and ensure that we build on it and evolve it over time. This person must:
- Manage relationships with a broadening set of press and industry analysts both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Work with the agency, product marketing and product management, and Splunk execs to plan a PR calendar as part of an overall communications plan.
- Manage our U.S.-based PR agency and agencies we hire internationally
- Understand the “voice of Splunk” (how we communicate), and work across the organization to ensure that we consistently build and communicate our brand
- Develop collateral that effectively communicates to our typical users (such as systems administrators), up through senior IT executives over time.
- Assist in the creation of marketing lead generation programs that drive software downloads and the generation of quality leads for our salesforce
- Creativity and openness to “guerilla marketing” and irreverent/non-traditional marketing programs will help make this job fun.
- 8+ years experience in marketing communications in enterprise software, with a strong focus on PR and analyst relations
- Proven track record in creating, driving and executing marketing communications programs
- Ideal candidate will have agency as well as client-side experience
- Experience in all aspects of branding, collateral creation, and marcom design
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with quantitatively measuring results where relevant
- Must have excellent people skills–working effectively with press, analysts, customers, and at all levels across the Splunk organization
Linden Lab Web Editor – San Francisco September 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, editor, marcom, san francisco, staff opp.
add a comment
Linden Lab is seeking an experienced and dedicated Web site editor to join our team. The ideal candidate for this position should be a strong writer or blogger who is comfortable with Web publishing tools and technologies. We’re looking for someone to help support our editorial and marketing teams with content development for various Web sites related to the popular 3D virtual world Second Life. Previous experience with Second Life is a plus.
- Creates and edits text and image content for Secondlife.com and Secondlifegrid.net
- Reviews user content submissions for approval and publishing to Web
- Communicates with Second Life users in support of various editorial initiatives
- Provides assistance with Lindenlab.com and preparation of PR/marketing materials
- Tracks performance metrics for the content that is created and then uses this data to improve content strategy
- Demonstrated writing for online blogs and/or publications. You will need to write persuasive, clear content in a variety of contexts, with an emphasis on brevity and simplicity.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of online virtual worlds.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Web-based publishing tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of SEO principles a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in the Second Life community a significant plus.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years writing experience in customer or client-facing online communication.
- Samples of online editorial content development (e.g. blogs, web videos, etc.).
Email your resume to HR in MS Word, RTF, HTML, or ASCII text format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
eMeter Senior Technical Writer – San Mateo September 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, marcom, peninsula, staff opp, technical writer.
add a comment
eMeter’s mission is to provide software and services, partnering with utilities to maximize the value of their Advanced Metering Infrastructure and Automated Meter Reading investments.
- Create documentation for projects of large scope and technical complexity to meet company standards, enabling the department to deliver the documentation accurately and on time by performing the following duties.
- Gather technical and functional information from quality analysts, software engineers, and software architects as well as researching functional and technical specifications.
- Prepare and maintain installation documentation, user/release notes, user documentation, systems, programming operations and products and services documentation, publications, procedures and methods.
- Research, outline and prepare complex written text that is technically and grammatically accurate and conforms to the company’s writing style.
- Analyze documentation defect corrections related to assigned functional/technical area and ensure updates are implemented.
- Assist in functional/technical testing, as required.
- Work with technical publications manager to identify gaps, and inconsistencies in existing documentation.
Education, Experience, and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; preferably in technical writing, English or business or educational/experience equivalent.
- Minimum 4 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat and Distiller, and RoboHelp (on-line help authoring tool), Compose, and screen capture program.
- Working knowledge of additional assigned tools, as required (i.e. Visio, XML and HTML, Captivate, and Dreamweaver).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
UPEK Marketing Communications Intern – Emeryville September 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, east bay, intern, marcom.
add a comment
Join UPEK, a bleeding-edge biometric technology company where you can make an impact and gain solid experience.
The Marketing Communications Coordinator implements marketing messaging via online and offline mediums to effectively communicate to customers, partners, and the media.
- Collateral – Gather requirements from internal stakeholders and direct design agency in the creation of product flyers, case studies, whitepapers, etc.
- Web – Coordinate web agency in updating and iterating http://www.upek.com to reflect new product announcements, media coverage, and improved user experience.
- Design – Coordinate design agency in executing design projects including signage, booth graphics, PowerPoint slides, etc.
- Events – Plan and coordinate logistics for tradeshow presence.
- PR – Contribute to drafting press releases and conducting media outreach.
- Localization – Manage translation agency in localization of product packaging, web, etc.
- Digital assets – Organize and make available to internal stakeholders inventory of images, presentation slides, etc.
- Eye for design. Photoshop and Illustrator skills a plus.
- Strong Organizational & planning skills. MS Project skills a plus.
- Agency management
- Understanding of web development concepts. HTML and Flash skills a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of strategic marketing concepts
- Bachelors degree
30 hours per week. $20 per hour.
CK-12 Science Leader and Editor – Palo Alto August 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, course developer, editor, medical writer, peninsula, staff opp, user experience (UX).
add a comment
Job ID: 582179
CK-12, a non-profit organization launched in 2006, aims to reduce the cost of textbook materials for the K-12 market both in the US and worldwide. Using an open-source, collaborative, and web-based compilation model that can be manifested as an adaptive textbook – termed the “FlexBook”, CK-12 intends to pioneer the generation and distribution of high quality educational web texts.
Project Management Product Management Domain Expertise – Science Author Management, relationship building, community building Entrepreneurial mindset
Reports to: Director of Content
- Have a desire to shape the future of education and wish to join an organization that will change the future of educational publishing
- Wish to develop and motivate a community of authors to create, collaborate, disseminate and publish online educational material and printed textbooks
- Believe in open user-generated content
- Provide content-based leadership for CK-12
- Oversee development of science instructional text-based materials at middle and high school level including life sciences and hard sciences
- Identify, develop or acquire high-quality, grade appropriate curriculum that serves as the kernel for global community use, reuse, innovation and scaling
- Recruit writers, negotiate and finalize contracts, and define scope and quality of work
- Establish pedagogical standards for the content where needed
- Develop a sample chapter for writers to model
- Review and manage the acceptance criteria for content
- Manage the flex book creation process and responsible for the creation of content that is able to be re-purposed into different levels, teaching needs, etc. (e.g. ESL)
- Coordinate communication among writers, domain experts and other vendors to produce timely completion of high quality materials
- Manage the development of images with writers, domain experts, and artwork vendors
- Coordinate all aspects of external review process and implementation of revision suggestions
- Review and edit content for factual accuracy, quality, readability, grade level suitability, pedagogy, currency and fit for state standards
- Actively support the recruitment of pilot sites for materials testing and secure user feedback to enhance materials
- Own the user experience. Work closely with K-12 school districts, teachers, and students to structure CK-12 content in ways that result in ongoing content authoring and enhanced learning
- Actively contribute to the open educational resource paradigm for science materials for K-12 settings
- Collaborative and contribute to the team. This position will work with other discipline Leaders in the content group
- Masters degree required, PhD preferred in the sciences
- Ability to innovate and pioneer new opportunities online
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, initiative and problem-resolution skills
- Experience in editorial and educational publishing
- Strong disciplinary training in the sciences
- Experience and success in project management and management of multiple projects at a time
- Entrepreneurial mindset and energized by start-up environment
- Experience in the development of curriculum materials in K-12 in compliance with state and national standards
- Experience in classroom teaching and training of teachers
UbiSoft Creative Writer – San Francisco August 14, 2008Posted by synergistech in copywriter, marcom, san francisco, staff opp.
add a comment
Video Game Company Ubisoft is looking for a Creative Writer to join our ever-expanding creative services ranks and help take our creative to the next level. This is an opportunity to work on the client side directly with the brand managers. At Ubisoft, you will have the opportunity to express your big ideas. No boring brands. Only fun games to create cool concepts for.
Some of our extensive titles include; Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six, Assassins Creed, Prince Of Persia, Shawn White Snowboarding, Imagine and Petz.
The ideal candidate will be able to learn quickly, juggle multiple projects at once, and keep up with an accelerated pace of work. This person will be comfortable with multi-player group creative process, working with the Art Directors and the Creative Director, as well as the brand managers.
- Bachelor’s degree; a major in advertising is preferred
- 1-5 years writing experience is preferred.
- A portfolio with your best TVC, print and packaging concepts.
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Top notch creative concepting/writing skills
- Collaborate with Art Directors to develop killer creative solutions for television, print, online and packaging.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2007-08 fiscal year Ubisoft forecasts generated sales of 920 million Euros.