Contract Technical Writer (SDKs) – Sencha, Palo Alto August 10, 2010Posted by synergistech in contract opp, peninsula, south bay, technical writer.
add a comment
To succeed in this position, please have several years of experience documenting SDKs, particularly in dynamic start up environments.
Additionally you must:
- Demonstrate solid experience developing various types of documentation (including procedural and reference documentation and tutorials), in various formats for a software developer audience. Writing samples expected.
- Understand the documentation development lifecycle and be able to help define documentation requirements and scope and then plan, schedule, and manage your own work in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a solid understanding of Web technologies and application development concepts.
- Be a “hands-on” technical content development expert who is able to use a source control repository, set up a Web server, and use the SDK you are documenting.
- Be able to navigate and read code.
- Be able to quickly learn complex technical concepts and distill them into concise, usable documentation.
- Be flexible and able to work in an environment in which documentation authoring environment, standards, and processes are being defined.
- Be able to use standard documentation development tools and editors.
Ideally, you will also be:
- Able to write code snippets.
- Comfortable working in source code and have experience editing documentation comments/annotations directly within the code.
- Able to contribute to our efforts to define our authoring environment, standards, and processes.
- Familiar with modular documentation, structured authoring, single-sourcing, and chunking concepts.
Specific knowledge of MVC or GWT would be helpful but is not required.
LOCAL AND PRINCIPAL CANDIDATES ONLY.
Email: email@example.com (insert ASCII text in message body or send PDF as an attachment). NO PHONE CALLS. PLEASE.