TVWorks Contract Technical Writer (3-6 mos) – Mill Valley September 15, 2008Posted by synergistech in contract opp, north bay, technical writer.
Job ID: 4761784
Witness the evolution of TV! TVWorks connects living rooms with new and exciting broadband services. We are hard at work providing software to the largest digital TV cable operators in North America, helping them develop the next generation of interactive TV applications. Our software enables a variety of sophisticated services such as Video on Demand, Personal Video Recorders, Electronic Program Guides, Enhanced Programming, Interactive Advertising, Portals, and Games. Help bring viewers an advanced television experience with software and services from TV Works.
Headquartered in Mill Valley, CA (5 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge), TVWorks can be reached on the Internet at http://www.tvworks.com/
We have an incredible culture and environment at TVWorks. We are part of a joint venture between Comcast Corporation and Cox Communications, two of the largest cable operators in the world. As Comcast employees, we are provided with excellent compensation, benefits, stock grants, an incredible vacation/time off plan (30+ days a year!) and other great perks including FREE Comcast cable/internet services for all employees in Comcast service areas. Plus, it is a really great place to work!
TVWorks is seeking a talented and motivated Technical Writer for a 3-month contract. The focus will be to work with Product Managers and Software, QA and Support Engineers to upgrade and expand software developer kits and application and server installation and administration guides for external end-users. This individual must be able to plan, analyze, develop, and write system overviews, installation and administration procedures, reference material and tutorials. The qualified candidate will be a self–motivated technical writer who is familiar with a variety of technical writing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Developers Kit Documentation
- Application Installation and Administration Guides
- Server Installation and Administration Guides
- Release Notes
- Internal User Documentation
- Technical diagrams
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Excellent creative, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- High-level project management skills to design and drive new product documentation from start to finish.
- Knowledge of single-sourcing and high-level skills with FrameMaker and WebWorks.
- Detail oriented, proactive and able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with diverse teams.
- Excellent technical writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- At least 3 years of experience producing technical writing.
- B.A./B. Sc. or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience creating software developer and server documentation (Linux or UNIX) for external audience.
- Familiarity with a programming language, an IDE (Eclipse preferred), XML, and XSD.
- Experience with IXGen Indexing plugin or previous index creation experience.
- Technical knowledge of Java, C/C++, Object Oriented technologies, web applications, software products a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
Email Aaron Steinberger or call (415) 722-4436
For more info: