PayCycle Technical Writer/Editor – Palo Alto July 31, 2008Posted by synergistech in editor, peninsula, staff opp, technical writer.
PayCycle’s writers help make our online payroll solution easy to understand to the general employer and act as direct drivers in creating an intuitive user experience. You’ll support our rapid cycle of product innovation with regular content updates based on feature development and usability research. As a member of our editorial team, you’ll work with cross-functional development teams to craft and mold content for PayCycle’s website, ensuring that the user experience is consistent, flows logically, and uses plain English to describe the sometimes complex tasks and processes users must complete to run payroll. This position reports to the Documentation Manager.
- Manage and develop written content about new features and enhancements, including regulatory updates and usability enhancements.
- Assist in writing and maintaining all aspects of our in-product Help system, including the Help index, FAQs, How Do I procedures, and popup Help text.
- Write content for communications to our external customers.
- Update the public and private Resources section of the website.
- Work directly with the Regulatory team to make content changes related to compliance issues, especially in providing guidance for new employers and in providing state-specific information.
- Support organic search engine optimization (SEO) by implementing changes that improve PayCycle’s position in search results.
- Directly maintain content in HTML, JSP, XML, and PDF files.
- Help create and maintain a library of templates of commonly used elements that can be modified by PM to use for projects. These include things like templates for Release Notes, E-Services Inbox messages and emails, and standard Forms Update changes.
- With assistance, maintain your own development environment so that you can preview changes before checking files into our version-control system.
- Is an excellent writer, as demonstrated by substantial writing samples.
- Works well independently and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Stays organized, manages competing priorities, and meets deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys making complex concepts simple and can apply a consistent voice throughout our product.
- Has experience with Web publishing tools, including version control systems, and learns to use new tools quickly.
- Has a firm grasp of basic HTML.
- Is highly motivated by building a great product.
- 1-2 years of experience as a technical writer.
- Technical writing certificate or degree, or a degree in a related field.
Payroll knowledge isn’t a requirement; however, if you are familiar with payroll practices and regulations, this is a plus.
Email Janice Ishizaka your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 writing samples