add a comment
Categories: Communications & PR
Position Type: Full Time
Start Date: August 2008
ClimateWorks is a new global philanthropic network organized to win the battle against climate change. Its goal is to ensure that global average temperatures do not increase by more than 2 degrees C – a threshold many scientists describe as a dangerous tipping point.
ClimateWorks’ method is to work in the top-emitting nations to build low-carbon energy policies and to reduce the rate of deforestation in the world’s largest, most threatened tropical forests. You can read more about our approach on our website.
We are seeking 2 committed, responsible, energetic, and professional individuals to join this effort. As a member of the ClimateWorks team, you will experience the benefits of working in a new global venture: close working relationships with colleagues, and broad impact on greenhouse gas emission reductions through our global work in key countries and key sectors. This unique blend creates an incredible opportunity for a professional who seeks diverse job responsibilities.
ClimateWorks is looking for highly skilled and motivated Communications Associate(s) to provide communications support to ClimateWorks. ClimateWorks Communications Associates will demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills and a solid understanding of issues related to public policy, political strategy, media and communications strategy, energy technology, forestry, and climate science.
These positions will work with the ClimateWorks Communications Director on all communications activities, including the development of communications materials, website maintenance and updates, funder and stakeholder relations, media relations and related tasks. The associates will work in a challenging environment that requires detail-oriented, independent work, quick thinking, and professional client interactions.
Includes the following and other duties as assigned:
- Assist in the writing, editing, and management of all ClimateWorks’ communication materials; includes project management and interacting with vendors.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the ClimateWorks’ communication plan.
- Assist in the development of content for the ClimateWorks’ website and online presence.
- Manage network communications and stakeholder relations.
- Manage relationships with a variety of international stakeholders, media representatives, and design/print/web and other vendors. *Assist with other communications activities, including event planning, publicity, and graphic design.
- Produce high-quality materials on short deadlines.
- Provide general program support.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Exceptional writing, editing and communications skills
- Experience writing in a variety of formats – web, print publications, briefing papers, press releases
- 2 years+ experience in a communications role (journalism, writing/editing, web/blogs/new media, public relations, political campaigns, etc.)
- BA degree or equivalent (journalism, writing/editing, environmental science and/or policy coursework preferred)
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Experience working in service to broad range of clients and stakeholders
- Competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and basic HTML/web content management systems
- Experience pitching, networking with & responding to reporters/bloggers/media
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and multi-task
- Background in issue/political campaigns, network communications and stakeholder relations a plus
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Passion for environmental issues
ClimateWorks Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
Email Melissa Clack your cover letter, resume, three writing samples and salary requirements. Please include “ClimateWorks Communications Associate” in the subject line of your email. Please tell her you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs.
add a comment
Green Options Media is Looking for College Students for Summer Web Publishing Internship
Do you care about the environment? The future? Want to make a difference, or at least start learning how? It starts here.
GreenOptions.com is an online media community geared toward empowering sustainable choices. Despite the amount of green information out there, we know that many people are still hunting for practical, personal knowledge that allows them to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle without breaking their budget or seriously sacrificing comfort and convenience.
We provide a place for average people to connect with whatever aspects of the green movement appeal to them, and make informed decisions that allow them to live a responsible, healthy and abundant life.
Intern Responsibilities :
Responsibilities will include assisting the writers in our blog network with promotion, through use of social media. You will have the opportunity to learn about Search Engine Optimization through participating in various projects to improve our visibility in the search engines. You will also help with researching other blogs and websites for networking opportunities, as well as contribute to our Community Forums. There may also be opportunities for editing, and writing for our network.
We are looking for web-savvy interns with great online research skills. Knowledge of and interest in specific green topics is important, as well as a willingness to help out with both the fun and the tedious projects. Ideally interns will have knowledge or be users of social media sites such as Digg and StumbleUpon. Prior experience using WordPress is also helpful, as well as general proofreading abilities. Great communication skills and an ability to learn quickly are key.
Our company is run collaboratively with offices in San Francisco and St. Louis, with remote staff throughout the country. Your work can largely be done virtually, although preference will be given to candidates local to our offices. Interns should feel comfortable working independently, and virtually.
Time Commitment: internships are unpaid and require a three-month or semester-long commitment, with a minimum of 10 hours of work per week. Internships are available only to currently enrolled college students, who will receive credit for the experience.
Anticipated start date in May/June.
Email Sharon Troy your resume and cover letter, and put “Summer Web Publishing Internship” in the Subject line. Please tell her you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
add a comment
The Director of Marketing oversees the strategic development and tactical execution of integrated mobile marketing & promotional activities. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Director of Marketing will supervise the managers of marketing communications groups, ensuring that the department aligns with the corporate branding, product marketing and sales needs, while executing innovative and integrated consumer and trade marketing programs that meet the standards of an industry leading mobile games publisher.
Bachelor’s degree required. BA in marketing or equivalent experience in an entertainment and/or consumer marketing company highly desired. MBA preferred.
- Manage multiple direct reports with a variety of roles and capacities
- Run the organization dedicated to providing services to the product management, sales and PR teams
- Manage a portion of the marketing budget in collaboration with the objectives of the product management team, while maximizing efficiency and ROI
- Work with external agencies to develop and execute advertising & promotional campaigns in collaboration with product management
- Interface with the Creative Services team for the development of all levels of branding, marketing and promotional materials
- Develop and execute a CRM program utilizing in-game promotional space, web, WAP & email marketing
- Provide strategic direction to the digital marketing, channel marketing and web managers
- Organize and manage trade & press events
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant marketing experience. Prefer entertainment experience from mobile, online, or game industries.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and enjoy working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of corporate branding, CRM, advertising strategy, Internet marketing and sales support. Direct work experience in one, some or all of the above a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business (i.e., sales, development, executive, administration and marketing).
PayCycle Technical Writer/Editor – Palo Alto July 31, 2008Posted by synergistech in editor, peninsula, staff opp, technical writer.
add a comment
PayCycle’s writers help make our online payroll solution easy to understand to the general employer and act as direct drivers in creating an intuitive user experience. You’ll support our rapid cycle of product innovation with regular content updates based on feature development and usability research. As a member of our editorial team, you’ll work with cross-functional development teams to craft and mold content for PayCycle’s website, ensuring that the user experience is consistent, flows logically, and uses plain English to describe the sometimes complex tasks and processes users must complete to run payroll. This position reports to the Documentation Manager.
- Manage and develop written content about new features and enhancements, including regulatory updates and usability enhancements.
- Assist in writing and maintaining all aspects of our in-product Help system, including the Help index, FAQs, How Do I procedures, and popup Help text.
- Write content for communications to our external customers.
- Update the public and private Resources section of the website.
- Work directly with the Regulatory team to make content changes related to compliance issues, especially in providing guidance for new employers and in providing state-specific information.
- Support organic search engine optimization (SEO) by implementing changes that improve PayCycle’s position in search results.
- Directly maintain content in HTML, JSP, XML, and PDF files.
- Help create and maintain a library of templates of commonly used elements that can be modified by PM to use for projects. These include things like templates for Release Notes, E-Services Inbox messages and emails, and standard Forms Update changes.
- With assistance, maintain your own development environment so that you can preview changes before checking files into our version-control system.
- Is an excellent writer, as demonstrated by substantial writing samples.
- Works well independently and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Stays organized, manages competing priorities, and meets deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys making complex concepts simple and can apply a consistent voice throughout our product.
- Has experience with Web publishing tools, including version control systems, and learns to use new tools quickly.
- Has a firm grasp of basic HTML.
- Is highly motivated by building a great product.
- 1-2 years of experience as a technical writer.
- Technical writing certificate or degree, or a degree in a related field.
Payroll knowledge isn’t a requirement; however, if you are familiar with payroll practices and regulations, this is a plus.
Email Janice Ishizaka your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 writing samples
Adobe Systems Editorial Manager – San Francisco July 31, 2008Posted by synergistech in manager, san francisco, staff opp, technical writer.
add a comment
Job ID: HY080736
Recognizing that employees are at the core of our success, Adobe recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creates an environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and rewards them for their performance by giving them an opportunity to share in the company’s success.
The Platform Documentation team is an exceptional team of developers and writers that produces core content released in several key Adobe web development products, including Flash, Flex, and AIR. We are seeking a senior-level manager to plan, staff, budget, and control activities of this group. This manager will establish strategic plans and objectives for the team and ensure the effective achievement of objectives.
The ideal candidate has experience in high-pressure, dynamic environments managing complex teams and releases. This team uses cutting edge delivery mechanisms and needs a leader with vision to analyze stakeholder feedback and design workflows and solutions.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations’ effective achievement of objectives.
- Maintain combined resource plan and integrated schedule of documentation projects.
- Manage the release of content deliverables.
- Manage integrated and community content plans.
- Regularly interact with business unit management and/or customers to ensure stakeholder and contributor needs are being addressed.
- Work with program managers from other functional teams to ensure communication of schedules, dependencies, and risks.
- Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- 10+ years in publishing and content development, including 5+ years management and 5+ years in high-tech.
- Expert working knowledge of documentation requirements and project management.
- Knowledge of software documentation and samples development processes and lifecycle management.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a wide variety of projects and groups.
- Experience in effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with MS Project, source control systems, HTML, and WIKI editing.
Ideal Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with localization schedules and release issues.
- Experience with JavaDocs, Doxygen, or similar documentation generators.
- Experience with web community practices, including community editing, tagging, and commenting.
- Familiarity with XML documentation schemas, such as DITA.
Adobe believes personal fulfillment and company success go hand in hand, sustaining one another. In fact, our dynamic, rewarding working environment is well known – including seven consecutive years on FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” and other, similar accolades. By hiring the very best and brightest, Adobe continues to be a simply better place to work – creating a dynamic environment today and providing incentives for future achievement.
Mountain Hardwear Graphic Designer III – Richmond July 31, 2008Posted by synergistech in east bay, graphic designer, staff opp.
add a comment
Create a wide range of corporate and marketing items that reflect the Mountain Hardwear and Montrail brands by utilizing design, layout and production skills. While it reports to the Marketing Director, this position works under the art direction of the Graphic Designer, Creative Lead to develop and produce various marketing materials, including retail graphics, hang tags/packaging, website graphics, corporate collateral materials, workbook and catalog.
Specific Job Skills:
- Position requires excellent design skills as well as solid strategic design and branding abilities.
- Must be computer literate in Macintosh environment and have thorough knowledge of Quark, InDesign, Photoshop, Freehand, and Illustrator with a working knowledge of Flash. Multimedia experience a plus.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills, project management and prioritization skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Advertising, Design, or related field – or – experience equivalent to degree.
- 5+ years professional design/production experience working with graphic design (preferably with 2+ years in a corporate setting involving consumer retail products).
Occasionally required to work in excess of 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week, weekends and nights during peak season or rush projects. Occasional travel to press checks.
Ebrary Technical Writer – Palo Alto July 31, 2008Posted by synergistech in peninsula, staff opp, technical writer.
add a comment
ebrary is a successful internet technology company located in Palo Alto, CA. near Stanford University. Our products and services allow publishers to distribute book content to both academic libraries and other diverse institutions. Our web based research tools and dedicated “ebrary Reader” empower people to use digital book content in new and exiting ways (beyond simple on-line document viewing). Working at ebrary allows you to work on a socially rewarding product, helping people across the world get access to the latest content for both complex research and accelerated learning.
We’re 9 years old, and privately held. You can learn more about us at http://www.ebrary.com
- We seek a very technical and seasoned writing professional to help us with a broad range of assignments for both our hosted and licensed product lines. You’ll create:
- Help Systems for User Interfaces
- User Guides for internal systems
- Deployment documentation
- External facing technical disclosures for use in marketing material or discussion with partners and customers.
- You will work closely with Engineering and Product Management.
- You will define, manage and execute tasks through all traditional phases: planning, compilation, writing, draft review and edit cycle.
- You will help evolve internal technical writing guidelines and standards.
- 5+ years experience developing documentation at a senior level.
- Prior work with multi-tier systems, e.g., Application servers, SQL databases, search engines, networking technology will be highly valued.
- Experience documenting java or web API’s and XML-based communications
- Ability to quickly comprehend and create effective abstract views of complex multi-tiered systems.
- Ability to collaborate well with others and yet deliver results independently.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and deliver high-quality results.
Most importantly, we are looking for a person with the right combination of motivation, experience, and imagination for this position. Please respond with direct reference to the position requirements we describe above, but also with these other attributes in mind. Certainly you can refer to your resume, but we will appreciate additional anecdotes to help us understand how you might make a good match for our team!
Minerva Networks Technical Writer – Alviso July 31, 2008Posted by synergistech in south bay, staff opp, technical writer.
add a comment
Headquartered in Alviso, CA, Minerva Networks is a privately owned networking infrastructure company developing innovative end-to-end broadband IP television solutions in the telecommunication and enterprise markets.
Play an integral role in the documentation of innovative applications for the IPTV industry. The successful candidate will join Minerva’s Engineering Team documenting an IPTV platform that allows for the delivery of carrier-grade video services, including high-definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) television, video on demand (VOD), pay-per-view (PPV), and digital video recording (DVR) over an IP network.
Reporting into Minerva’s Engineering Team and working closely with both the Product Management and Service & Support, the candidate will take responsibility for writing and editing technical product documentation. Documents include product overviews, architecture descriptions, APIs, user manuals, troubleshooting guides, installation and configuration guides, release notes and technical white papers. Additionally, the Technical Writer may be called on to support development and production of training materials and contribute some material to RFPs. When creating, updating, and enhancing the documentation, you will adhere to format, content and style guidelines, giving consideration to usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency, and quality.
The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail. This position requires highly motivated individuals that are able to grasp complex software and learn quickly. It also requires the ability to work within tight deadlines. Clear concise writing is a must. Demonstrated ability to produce technical diagrams (network messaging, architecture, flow charts, network topology, system configurations etc.) as well as create and edit image files (user interface examples) is also required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Framemaker and competency in other common Web2.0 tools of the trade are essential. General functional knowledge of and 5+ years of exposure to one or more of the following areas is desired: Software Documentation, IP Networking, Telco Industry, Entertainment. Sample work will be requested at interview.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Practical working knowledge of video servers, conditional access systems, set-top boxes, or embedded systems is a distinct plus.
- A high level of customer satisfaction, which exceeds standard levels of performance.
- Understanding of client/server software implementation and/or distributed systems.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and with small and/or remote teams.
- Fast learner, solid problem solver with great organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
- A pertinent Bachelor’s Degree or related field and 5 years work experience is required. 8 years practical exposure in the specific field will waive educational requirements
Minerva Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, nation origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran*s status or disability.
If you are interested in submitting your resume for this position, please Email it to email@example.com and reference the Job ID in the subject line.
2150 Gold Street
Alviso, CA 95002
Phone: (408) 567-9400
Fax: (408) 567-0844
Email John Campos and reference “Technical Writer” in your subject line.
Philips Senior Technical Writer – Foster City July 31, 2008Posted by synergistech in peninsula, staff opp, technical writer.
add a comment
Job ID: 53820
We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
Some product highlights: 256-slice Brilliance iCT scanner, Integrated cath lab, Avalon FM 20 & FM 30 fetal monitors, Ambient Experience MR and CT systems, Philips Lifeline’s personal emergency alert service.
The Philips Informatics Infrastructure (PII) Global Operations team provides operational and logistical support to Product Development, Release, and Sustaining Engineering functions for radiology imaging solutions and enterprise support offerings. They provide project execution resources and support to Engineering projects in the following areas: Regulatory Compliance, Information Development; Software Configuration Management and Release; Deployment Support; Automated System Test Framework development and Support; and Engineering IT.
- Document features and proper usage of the Philips iSite product range (iSite Enterprise, iSite Radiology and, where applicable, iVault) and any integrated third-party applications that ship with iSite (IDX’s Imaging Suite, Talk Dictation, PowerScribe, etc.)
- Write and maintain internal documentation (such as Installation and Configuration Guide, release notes, error messages, product string text review)
- Write and maintain Regulatory documents as needed
- Peer edit the work of other writers in the ID team
- Correct technical errors found by QE during documentation validation
- Represent the development and needs of Philips User Documentation where it relates to other areas of Philips production.
- Work with Engineering, Marketing, and Operations to improve organizational processes related to Product Documentation.
- Communicating technical ideas effectively in written and spoken form to a audience that ranges from the technically savvy to the technically inexperienced.
- Accurate comprehension and documentation of a clinically advanced, medical software program that targets highly specialized medical professionals and physicians.
- Effective communication, collaboration and coordination with diverse internal organizations (QE, Engineering, Marketing, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn all necessary medical/radiological concepts and terminology to convey the usage of iSite products to a readership of doctors, radiologists, technologists and system administrators.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to learn and synthesize technical information from various sources
- Interest in new technologies
- Excellent time management, people, and organization skills
- Power user of FrameMaker/WebWorks, Office, Acrobat, Photoshop
- Exposure to or experience with single sourcing content management tool (such as AuthorIT)
- Ability to work with source control software such as Visual SourceSafe, Perforce, or ClearCase.
- 3-5 years experience writing printed and online technical documentation
- Medical writing and localization experience a plus
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
add a comment
Job ID: 4644838
Workday is seeking a self-motivated, adaptable professional with hands-on financial management or human resource application writing experience. Candidates are expected to plan, draft, and write Workday documentation based on functional and technical requirements documents. This individual will be a primary contributor to the online documentation effort for our Workday Enterprise Business Services offerings.
- Create content for multi-audience user guides and for online help.
- Refine content by collaborating with product and development managers and working directly in application.
- 3+ years of information development experience with enterprise financial or human resource applications.
- Ability to contribute effectively in a start-up environment, where tools, processes, and deliverables are not always predefined.
- Strong English-language writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communications and collaborative skills.
- Quick learner with good problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with XML authoring tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Founded in 2005, Workday delivers on-demand business enterprise applications and offers a talented and experienced leadership team including Dave Duffield, founder and former CEO of PeopleSoft, and Aneel Bhusri with a track record of start-up success.
Kana Senior Technical Writer – Menlo Park July 31, 2008Posted by synergistech in peninsula, staff opp, technical writer.
add a comment
Job code: Q308-002
For the ambitious technical writing professional who wants the opportunity to work on a ground-breaking product, enjoys a flexible, collaborative work environment and a fast-paced development cycle, the Senior Technical Writer position at Kana will keep you challenged and engaged.
KANA is a world leader in multi-channel customer service solutions. Our solutions help companies enhance customer loyalty by ending indifferent, impersonal, inaccurate, and inconsistent customer service. At KANA, you will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with the world’s best-known brands, with industry thought leaders, and together shape the future of customer service solutions.
As part of our team, you will apply your enthusiasm for technology to plan, research, write, release, and maintain documentation for our SOA enterprise applications, and you will work with our developers and product management to understand the behavior and uses of our products. This is more than a basic documentation type of job. Our products are complex enterprise applications, and are built with customization in mind. You will need to understand the application, so you may need to know how to install and work with it to meet that end. You will definitely need to understand the end-to-end behavior to competently explain it to your readers.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Senior Technical Writer in our offices in Menlo Park your primary responsibility will be to:
- Write technical documentation including API Guides, Customization Guides, Developer Guides, “How To” Guides, Reference manuals, user guides, and more
- Design and write entire manuals, collections, or online help systems with little or no guidance.
- Create formal documentation schedules and specifications for documentation deliverables.
- Serve as a project leader.
- Organize existing documents; identify documentation holes and spearhead efforts to fill them in.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by engineers.
- Mentors other writers regarding documentation methodology
- Coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
- Provide product feedback to representatives of Development, QA, and Usability.
- Recognize problems with and suggest improvements for authoring and production tools, documentation processes, presentations, and standards.
- Work within the agile development process.
If you are interested in starting a progressive and gratifying career with a company that is charting new territory in technology, then KANA is the place for you! This is a demanding job that will give you an unbeatable experience, and we require talented people with a strong work ethic. If you can match the following qualifications, send us your resume.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Proven self starter.
- 7-10 years worth of proficiency in technical writing tools such as Frame, Adobe
- Proven track record of researching and writing the very best documentation for developers (APIS, SDKs, web technologies).
- Experience in auto-generating reference documentation using tools such as javadoc
- Familiarity with software source control systems such as Perforce.
- 7-10 years experience in effectively packaging documentation and release notes for releases
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Good technical understanding of XML and XML Schema.
- Understanding of AJAX, REST, SOAP, XSLT, or other web-based technologies.
- Ability to cope with fast-paced and constantly changing environments.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly develop rapport with engineers.
- Ability to work with product management to understand products
- Desire and experience to become an expert user yourself, so you can write for all users
Advent Software Senior Technical Writer – San Francisco July 31, 2008Posted by synergistech in san francisco, staff opp, technical writer.
add a comment
Requisition ID: 3108136
Advent Software, Inc., the world’s leading provider of automation solutions for investment professionals, is seeking an experienced and talented Senior Technical Writer at Advent’s San Francisco headquarters. The successful candidate will be hard-working, good at juggling a variety of tasks, and will enjoy seeking out creative solutions and innovative projects.
We’re looking for someone to join the team that creates end-user learning products for Advent’s global portfolio accounting system, Geneva. The learning products include user guides, system administration guides, quick reference cards, online Help, and training materials. Our department manages the company’s client Web site, participates in user-interface design and usability testing, and develops Web-based training so the position offers many opportunities for varied work and growth paths.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Geneva, client requirements, and Advent’s documentation tools and processes.
- Create learning products by interviewing application engineers, product managers, and other subject-matter experts.
- Work collaboratively with other people in Learning Products, Product Development, Education Services, Product Management, and Support to create, review, and deliver the most appropriate learning products in a timely fashion.
- Take on project lead responsibilities as needed.
- At least 3 – 5 years of technical writing experience, preferably for a computer software company, producing user guides, online Help, and training materials. Experience delivering documentation and training for the Web is helpful.
- Experience in, or sophisticated knowledge of, the financial services field, securities industry, and/or portfolio accounting is preferred.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to produce concise, clear documentation while meeting deadlines and working on multiple projects.
- Ability to analyze audience needs and determine effective approaches to meeting them.
- Ability to work collaboratively on teams, and to be adaptable to changing schedules and projects.
- Proficiency with FrameMaker and RoboHelp.
- Experience or familiarity with the following technologies is helpful:
- UNIX and UNIX/Windows connectivity tools
- SQL Server
- Microsoft.NET Framework
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university with a concentration in English, Communications, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a finance-related field.
This is a full time, salaried staff position with Advent Software, Inc., where highly skilled professionals power the market in automated solutions for investment professionals. A competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package includes equity compensation, 401(k) w/match, employee stock purchase, and domestic partners coverage. For 25 years, Advent has revolutionized professional money management. Join us as we shape the future of the financial services industry.
Local San Francisco Bay Area candidates preferred as no relocation assistance is available for this position.
Varian Senior Technical Writer – Walnut Creek July 31, 2008Posted by synergistech in east bay, staff opp, technical writer.
add a comment
Product Area: Analytical Inst/Consumable Pro
Job Number: AWWC-08-10
Working directly with software and hardware development, technical support, installation, and other cross-functional teams, the incumbent in this position will create, develop, plan, write and edit operational, instructional, installation, maintenance, site planning, IQ/OQ/PQ protocol documentation and procedures for paper, multimedia, or web-based publication.
Other duties include providing guidance and support for offshore teams, research and translation of technical information into printed manuals or web-basaed documents for technical and non-technical users, and recommending formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
This position will be responsible for project management.
- BS in Chemistry, Physics or related field, plus a minimum of four years demonstrated writing and editing experience, field of scientific instrumentation most desirable.
- Must have thorough understanding of Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy and Imaging operation and theory. Experience with Varian NMR Spectrometers and the VnmrJ operating system desirable.
- Familiarity with IQ/OQ methodology. Working knowledge of the Linux Operating system. Experience with Red Hat Linux preferred. Solid experience with Microsoft Office, Windows XP, RoboHelp or other web-based system.
- Must have technical documentation experience that includes planning and writing detailed systems, hardware and programming documentation.
add a comment
Job ID 7WEB08
This position will entail creating graphics and the interface for a J2EE web application, as well as, future interface development for mobile platforms.
- Responsible for design and creation of J2EE web application UI
- Implement UI for both mobile and PC browsers
- Work with other engineers to integrate with back-end interfaces
- Maintain website UI
- Any additional duties as assigned by manager
Required Skills and Education
- 1-2 years industry experience
- Solid graphics design experience
- Development of application icons, buttons, images, etc.
- Knowledge of mobile browser technologies
- Familiar with XML/XSL, as well as HTML/CSS
- Familiar with Ajax
- Experience with fast product releases or rapid prototyping environment
- Experience with designing interfaces for J2EE applications
Preferred Skills and Education
- Knowledge of and/or experience in PHP for CGI
- Programming skills in Perl and other scripting languages
- Basic knowledge of Linux/FreeBSD
Email HR and cite job ID “7WEB08″ in your Subject line
add a comment
Job ID: 4641258
NTT Multimedia Communications Laboratories, Inc. (NTT MCL) is a cutting edge research and development laboratory based in San Mateo, CA and a satellite office in San Jose, CA. Our lab is the only overseas advanced research and development arm of Japan’s NTT Communications, a leading global provider of telecommunications services.
NTT MCL is in a unique position to actively pursue innovative and cutting edge ideas that enable the creation of new telecommunications services. Currently, our engineers are conducting research and development in the following areas: Wireless, IP Technologies and Security. We are looking for dynamic, highly skilled individuals who thrive in a fast paced and creative work environment.
Create software design documents, administrative guides, user manuals and Quick Starts for Company projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand features and outlines of the software NTT MCL and other NTT groups design, develop and improve. The software includes scalable servers and wireless clients for telecom carriers
- Write specifications, basic software design documents, detail design documents, administrative guides, user manuals and Quick Start documents
- Conduct interviews with software engineers in order to understand what needs to be written
- Compile all existing texts written by software engineers
- Any additional duties as assigned by manager
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- Experience with writing and editing IT-related documentation
- Basic knowledge of software development cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent with MS Office and Adobe edit tools
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
PREFERRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Web GUI related documentation and/or user manual writing experience
- Wireless technology knowledge including EDGE/HSDPA and/or Wi-Fi
- Network equipment or network management technical writing experience
- Any software language knowledge helpful
Email HR and cite job code “7TEC08″ in the Subject line